On this tour you will discover a diverse ecosystem in an undeveloped environment without unpleasant crowds. This tour is specially designed making it semi-private, a maximum of 6 people to one guide.
Sea kayaking is a great way to explore Krabi's beautiful scenery without damaging the environment. You can move slowly and almost unnoticed through different ecosystems while observing wildlife, and manoeuvre through mangrove forests, canyons, caves and lagoons.
Start the trip with a safety briefing at Thalane Pier and head out by longtail boat to Koh Hong which is home to a group of islands with an array of towering limestone cliffs and white sandy beaches. Here you can explore the beautiful emerald lagoon and snorkel amongst the abundant beds of coral, bright-colored crabs, and tropical fish. You will also have time to do some guided paddling around the island.
Enjoy lunch at the park ranger station on the main island. Then you will cruise to the surrounding islands named Koh Pakbia and Lading Island, before heading back to the mainland at Ao Thalane.
Paddle on a sit-on-top kayak through remarkable coastal canyons and narrow channels at the end of a stretch of protected mangrove forest. Observe slowly and silently the wildlife up close. You can spot several species of birds and monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque monkey.
This area features one of the most beautiful bays and mangrove forests surrounded by towering karst formations and small offshore islands.
- 08:00 - 08:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 08:30 - 09:00: Meet the boat crew at Sea Kayak pier in Ao Thalane
- 09:00 - 09:30: Have coffee & get instruction about the trip
- 09:30 - 10:00: Cruise by boat to Koh Hong
- 10:00 - 11:30: Swim, snorkel & kayak at Hong Island
- 11:30 - 12:30: Enjoy lunch at the park ranger station on the main island
- 12:30 - 13:30: Cruise to the surrounding islands (Koh Pakbia & Lading Island)
- 13:30 - 14:00: Continue to Ao Thalane
- 14:00 - 15:45: Paddle by kayak into the canyon along mangrove forest, limestone mountains & lagoons
- 15:45 - 16:00: Head back to the pier
- 16:00 - 16:30: Transfer back to the hotel