Small-Group Shanghai Hidden Sites Walking TourWrite a Review
From USD 69.23
OverviewExplore a different side of Shanghai to discover the citys lesser-known areas through the eyes of a local. With your knowledgeable guide, stroll through Qiao Family Road, one of the citys oldest areas, and hear incredible stories of the Qiao Family, one of the wealthiest and most famous families in Shanghai. Meet a descendant of the Guo clan on a visit to Shu Yin Lou (the Secluded Library), the remnant of a lavish 16th-century garden complex, and see how this long-time local resident lives.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide at a central Shanghai location and begin your 2-hour walking tour through Shanghai’s lesser-known areas.
Your guide will tell you about the city’s sometimes colorful, sometimes dark past as you walk through small, hidden streets and neighborhoods. Head to Qiao Family Road, an ancient area named after one of the wealthiest trading families in Shanghai. As you pass old houses, hear how this was once the heart of Shanghai, where temples and the first local government were located.
Walk down the first lane in Shanghai to set up public electronic lights, which helped guide people home. Hear how locals thought of the lights as a sign from heaven.
Nearby, see Shu Yin Lou (the Secluded Library), the remnant of a lavish 16th-century garden complex built by a famous scholar who was living alone in his vast mansion. You’ll meet an inheritor of the scholar, a long-time local resident and descendant of the 16th century-BC Guo clan. She still lives in the home that this ancient courtyard belongs to, and will tell you fascinating stories about her life in this sprawling, decrepit compound whose once-exquisite sculptures and walls have broken and toppled over.
After your tour, you’ll return to your starting location.
Inclusions for Small-Group Shanghai Hidden Sites Walking Tour
- Private walking tour
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Shanghai Hidden Sites Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.