Small-Group Shanghai Tour: The Evolution Of Chinese Textiles And FashionWrite a Review
From USD 61.54
OverviewBoth for practical use and for artistic expression, textiles are an intrinsic part of Chinas rich, ancient heritage. Explore the Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume with your expert and friendly local guide to discover how textiles and clothing fashions have evolved over the years and helped shape Chinese culture. Enjoy interactive displays of ancient textile technologies, browse fabric like silk and velvet, and witness centuries worth of clothing styles.
- All entrance fees included
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Small group ensures personal service
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
Know More about this tourMeet your expert local guide at a central Shanghai location in the morning or afternoon and head to the Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume for your tour.
Explore the gallery showcasing Chinese fabrics and replicas of machines used in the nation's textile industry in ancient times. As you browse the more than 250 items on display, including replicas of items from as early as 221 BC, learn about China’s long-time tradition of textiles and costume production.
Browse textiles such as embroidery, satin, velvet, silk and linen, all in different patterns from different eras in Chinese history. Most of the pieces were found in Xinjiang, Tibet and some inland areas along the Yellow River, once the center of ancient Chinese civilization.
Discover how styles and types of clothing have changed over the centuries, and browse robes, jackets, capes, aprons, small bags, ribbons and tapestries. You'll also learn different weaving techniques, see the technologies used in production and see tie-dyed and wax-painted materials produced by Chinese ethnic minorities.
Inclusions for Small-Group Shanghai Tour: The Evolution Of Chinese Textiles And Fashion
- Private walking tour
- Entrance fee to the Shanghai Museum of Textile and Costume
- Local English-speaking guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Shanghai Tour: The Evolution Of Chinese Textiles And Fashion
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.