Small Group Slum Tour Of DharaviWrite a Review
Get a insider look at slum life in Mumbai on this 3-hour walking tour. Make your way through the streets of Dharavi to witness a hidden side of urban India and get a new perspective on city life in one of India's, and the world's, largest cities. You will witness the community life that exists beyond religion and wealth.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourHome to nearly one million people, Mumbai's Dharavi district has the dubious honor of being the largest slum in Asia. This tour aims to break the negative stereotype associated with the slum. Put aside your initial apprehensions and discover a place that's alive with small scale industries and high community spirit.
Your guide will meet you at 9:30am outside Cafe Coffee Day restaurant near Mahim Station (West).
See why Dharavi is the heart of small-scale industry in Mumbai. Experience a wide range of activities such as recycling, pottery-making, embroidery, soap-making and leather tanning. Most of these things are created in innovative ways and in very confined spaces.
When passing through the residential spaces, you will feel the sense of community and spirit that exists in the area. People from all over India live in Dharavi, and this diversity is apparent in the temples, mosques and churches that stand here side by side. A tour through Dharavi's narrow alleys is quite an adventure, and you will leave with an enlightened sense of the purpose and determination that exists in the area.
Inclusions for Small Group Slum Tour Of Dharavi
- Local guide
Exclusions for Small Group Slum Tour Of Dharavi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Minimum age is 5 years
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.