Small-Group Snæfellsnes National Park Day Trip From Reykjavik
OverviewJoin this outing for a captivating tour of Snfellsnes peninsula in western Iceland. Sometimes called Iceland in miniature, due to its many different kinds of geology all in one place, you cant miss this if you want to capture the true spirit and beauty of the island. See seals sunbathing and playing on the beach, stroll along cliffs overlooking black sand beaches and admire the volcano that inspired Jules Verne in his novel 'Journey to the Centre of the Earth'. This is also a small-group tour of maximum 15 people, in order to ensure your comfort.
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Youll be picked up at your accommodation and swept off from Reykjavik to the west. First, you'll view Snfellsjkull volcano, which wears a magnificent crown of ice, the highest peak in this area of Iceland and it is often visible on clear days from Reykjavik. It was here that Jules Verne chose as the entrance to the earth's core in his novel 'Journey to the Center of the Earth'.
Next you'll visit Ytri-Tunga is a charming farm with a nearby beach that is also a popular seal colony. Animal lovers will enjoy seeing the seals cute faces as they sunbathe and play in the surf.
Arnarstapi and Hellnar are located in a lovely coastal area with a natural harbor. Beautiful rock formations decorate the coastline, spotted with green-and-yellow moss, and you can stroll along the cliffs here to take in the refreshing sea air.
Look for Lndrangar, two black basalt columns marking the coast, so tall they can be seen from the road. Djpalnssandur is another gorgeous black beach, where the air is filled with the sounds of birds circling the cliffs and the ocean waves hitting the sand.
At Djpalnssandur, youll find a curiosity on the beach: four large, smooth stones. They are lifting stones, used to measure the strength of fishermen who once worked and lived all along the coasts here. The biggest one is called Fullsterkur (Full-Strength) and weighs 154 kg (340 lbs). If you decide to have a go, be sure to lift with your knees so you dont hurt your back on this one! The second one is called Hlfsterkur (Half-Strength) and weighs 100 kg (220 lbs). The third one is called Hlfdrttingur (Weakling) and weighs 54 kg (119 lbs). You were the shame of your village if you could only lift the last stone, Amli ("Useless), at 23 kg (50 lbs). If a fisherman wanted to earn a spot on the fishing boat, he had to be able to lift the "Hlfdrttingur" stone anything less, and they were not acceptable. Try your strength! Are you ready to join the boats?
At your last stop, Kirkjufell mountain rises out of the green hills, surrounded by trickling rivers. This is one of the most popular photography spots in Iceland, so be sure to get a picture for your own collection.
Dont miss this opportunity to see the most stunning landscapes in western Iceland.
Inclusions for Small-Group Snæfellsnes National Park Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Snæfellsnes National Park Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Northern Lights Cruise from Downtown Reykjavk
- Olgerdin Brewery Tour from Reykjavik
- 1-Hour 'Buggy Safari' Buggy Adventure from Reykjavik
- The Golden Circle and Fontana Wellness Tour from Reykjavik
- Small-Group Snorkeling Experience at Silfra Fissure in Thingvellir National Park
- South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes and Glaciers