Small-Group Somló And Northern Balaton Wine Day Trip From BudapestWrite a Review
OverviewSpend a magicalÂ day in the Hungarian countryside: visit the beautiful SomlÃ³, Hungary's smallest and perhaps least-known wine region. SomlÃ³ lies near lake Balaton, it is in fact a single volcanic hillÂ that producesÂ some of the most exciting mineral grape varieties of Hungary. This day trip will give you an insight into a region you would have a hard time reaching on your own, and it includes two winery visits and an authentic Hungarian three-course lunch. You will try 5-7 wines at each winery, and cheeses and/or cured meats will accompany your final wine tasting. SomlÃ³ and the Northern Balaton region are definitely worthÂ taking some time to explore if you are fond of nature: this off-the-beaten-trackÂ tour is completeÂ with a light hike and some additional sightseeing stops.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Here is some useful information regarding your small-groupÂ tour:
Your guide will meet you inside the lobby of your central Budapest hotel. The scheduled time is 8am (but this can vary a bit according to theÂ day's plan). You willÂ travel to the beautiful SomlÃ³ and northern Lake Balaton areas: aboutÂ 165 kilometres from Budapest (approximately a two-hourÂ drive in your air-conditioned minivan), aÂ perfect destination for a relaxed day trip away from the bustling city.ÂOn route, hear how Hungarian wines have gained international acclaim but are still hard to come by outside the country. Hear, too, aboutÂ theÂ unique terroir of the regions which you will be visiting.
Admire the vine-covered landscapes, and during the course of the day visit three traditional and modern country wineries to gain a balanced picture of SomlÃ³'s wines and how they are produced.Â
Tour a vineyard to see the grapes close up, and at each winery, taste five to eight wines as your host talks you through their flavours and notes. Expect to sample both traditional andÂ contemporaryÂ wines, with the focus on unique Hungarian varieties like furmint, juhfark, harslevelu, and welschriesling.
Between wineries, enjoy some timeÂ trekking in the lovely vineyards.Â Around midday, savour a 3-course lunch at a local restaurant or at a winery. Venues and menus change regularly, but lunch typically includes staples such as broths, stews, roasts and traditional desserts.
At your last winery, complement your tastings with selected cured meat and artisanal cheese, both perfect accompanimentsÂ for your wine.
Then, return to Budapest where your private tour ends with a hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Small-Group Somló And Northern Balaton Wine Day Trip From Budapest
- Includes pick-up (at around 8:30am) and drop-off (at around 8pm) at your accommodation
- Travel in a smoke-free, air-contitioned car or minivan
- Bottles of mineral water and light snacks for the car ride are included
- Up to three winery visits/tastings with generous tastings of 5-8 wines at each place
- Includes a generous three-course lunch of Hungarian staples at a local restaurant or winery
- Tour is led by a wine-specialized tour guide
- Separate driver to ensure the guide's full attention
- Includes tasting sheets for you to take wine notes to keep for your memories/records
- A cold plate of local products (cheese, meat, etc.) will accompany the final tasting of the day
Exclusions for Small-Group Somló And Northern Balaton Wine Day Trip From Budapest
- Additional admissions to museums, sights, etc.
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Our small-group tours run with a minimum number of 2 persons.
For larger groups we are happy to prepare custom offers. Please contact us for a customized price proposal
Vegetarian option is available; please make a note in the 'special requirements' field when booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.