Small Group Sovereign Hill 'A Touch Of Gold' And Daylesford Day Trip From Melbourne
OverviewGold! There is nothing quite like it! This precious metal has been valuable and highly sought after since the beginning of time. Join your small group tour on a nostalgic journey and experience the magic of Victoria’s gold rush era on this unrivaled interactive day trip to Sovereign Hill, Australia’s foremost outdoor museum. In the afternoon travel to Daylesford and enjoy the quaint village atmosphere before visiting Trentham Falls, Victoria’s highest single-drop waterfall.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tour
Sovereign Hill magnificently recreates Ballarats first ten years after the discovery of gold in 1851. To understand and truly appreciate the colonial history of Melbourne, Victoria, a visit here is a must.
Depart Melbourne for the open-air museum of Sovereign Hill, about 90 minutes outside of the city. Once here, you'll experience exciting street theater, enjoy live goldfields music, and panfor gold yourself. You never know you may strike it lucky.
Hear the amazing story of Mr Smith, your personal 19th-century guide. He will take you on his rags to riches story back in time, from the squalid, seedy streets of London to becoming one of the goldfields most successful gentlemen. Venture deep underground on a guided mine tour and imagine what it must have been like working deep beneath the earths surface day in and day out. Complete your tour at the famous United States Hotel with an ale or two.
Continue your journey with a visit to Daylesford, a spa country town well-known for its revitalizing springs. Enjoy its quaint village atmosphere and bustling Main Street, browse some of the renowned art galleries, and relax with a coffee.
Next, continue on to Trentham Falls (seasonal), Victorias highest single-drop waterfall. This natural landmark was formed some 5 million years ago. Unwind and soak in its stunning beauty before returning to Melbourne in the late afternoon.
Inclusions for Small Group Sovereign Hill 'A Touch Of Gold' And Daylesford Day Trip From Melbourne
- Sovereign Hill admission ticket & mine tour
- Guided Sovereign Hill Tour with "Mr Smith"
- One beer or wine at the famous United States Hotel
- Hotel pickupat select Melbourne hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Small Group Sovereign Hill 'A Touch Of Gold' And Daylesford Day Trip From Melbourne
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 2-Day Great Ocean Road Trip from Melbourne Including Surfing Lesson
- Full-Day Penguin Parade and Melbourne City Tour From Melbourne
- Phillip Island Little Penguins Parade Evening Tour
- Melbourne Combo: Sightseeing Tour with Phillip Island Penguins and the Great Ocean Road Day Trip from Melbourne
- Champion Racehorse Tour with Beer and Wine Tasting
- Boutique Mornington Peninsula Strawberry Farm Chocolate and Winery Tour with Eureka Skydeck Edge Experience Admission