Small-Group Stand Up Paddle Boarding On Mae Ping River - Chiang Mai
OverviewExperience stand up paddle-boarding on the Mae Ping River. This is a full day trip. After river "theory" at the shop, a 1-hour drive brings you to the beautiful Mae Ngat valley .Experienced river guides will now provide full support during your4-hour river paddle. Lessons and all safety equipment such as helmets and life jackets are included. Drinking water is provided and you will enjoy a satisfying lunch at the end of the trip. This is a joined trip with up to 10 participants per group, friends and family wanting to join a participant but feel more comfortable in a kayakcan do so.
- All necessary equipment included
- Family friendly
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
Know More about this tourYour trip starts with hotel pickup at 8:30am in the Chiang MaI region. After a short stop at the office in town, you start with a 1-hour drive to the beautiful Mae Ngat valley, 40 km north of Chiang Mai. Your river excursion takes you deep into the Mae Taeng Forest Reserve, a natural jewel in this region. The smooth conditions here, with some variation taking seasonal changes in consideration, are perfect for stand up paddle-boarding. Unlike the ocean with wind and waves, here there is year round smooth flowing water allowing you to concentrate on maneuvering the board. Beginners can especially appreciate the smooth grade of the river and the easy drifts.
Your experienced river guide will provide full support during your trip, giving instructions for navigating river currents and helping you brush up on paddle techniques. All equipment such as paddle-board, life jacket, and helmet (if conditions demand) are provided. All boards are suitable for beginners with weight up to 100 kg. Kayaks are also available if requested.All guides speak basic English. Participants joining a group should bring swim gear and if possible water shoes, (shoes size 40 to 45 can be provided). Participants learn to navigate class 1 (easy) currents with various paddling techniques. This is a great workout, some sense of balance and endurance is expected. Stand up paddle-boards however transform quickly into very stable sit or knee down river gliders as conditions for both the rider and the river require.
Lunch is provided after the trip at the Mango Plantation Restaurant. Vegetarian and vegan options are available.
Inclusions for Small-Group Stand Up Paddle Boarding On Mae Ping River
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All necessary equipment
- River guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Stand Up Paddle Boarding On Mae Ping River
- Riverfee of 100B
- Mandatory 500,000 baht Medical Insurance Fee 50 THB
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring sunscreen, insect repellent, swimsuit/board shorts, change of clothes
Minimum age is 8 years
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.