Start this private tour with an afternoon pickup from your hotel and drive 25 minutes to Ao Thalane, home to the most magnificent mangroves in Thailand.
Spend an afternoon paddling in the cool shade of the untouched Ao Thalane canyons. These towering cliffs protect the endangered mangrove environment at the coast. You will explore various coves and lagoons. Kayak slowly and silently upon sturdy sit-on-top kayaks that move almost unnoticed through the coastal ecosystem, passing mangrove, canyons and lagoons.
If you have never kayaked before, dont worry. Instruction is given at the beginning of the trip and the routes followed are relatively easy. The exercise is not really strenuous and even young kids enjoy it. Everyone has a life jacket on at all times. Kayaks are 3 seat kayaks. We use them as 2 seat kayaks, but if you have a child with you, then they can sit in the 3rd seat in the middle.
If you are lucky, you can see wild monkeys, in particular the crab-eating macaque, and other wildlife such as monitor lizards and several species of birds. During the trip your personal guide will tell you more about the local people and their way of life.
The next destination will be Laem Jaa Mook Kway, a small beach where you will have time for a swim and relax while admiring the amazing sunset over the Andaman Sea. After all that action, feast on a delicious BBQ dinner at your very own beach as the sun goes down over the island-dotted horizon. Then head back to Thalane Pier by longtail boat under a warm blanket before being transferred back to your hotel.
This trip is perfect for peacefully paddling the mangrove forest seeing plenty of wildlife and exploring limestone caves, canyons and lagoons without the crowds.
- 15:00 - 15:30: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 15:30 - 15:45: Meet the crew at Sea Kayak pier in Ao Thalane
- 15:45 - 16:15: Have tea / coffee & get information of the trip
- 16:15 - 18:15: Paddle yourself by kayak into the canyon & through mangrove forest
- 18:15 - 18:30: Enjoy the sunset on the way to Laem Jaa Mook Kway
- 18:30 - 19:15: Enjoy a sunset BBQ at the beach
- 19:15 - 19:30: Return to the pier by longtail boat
- 19:30 - 20:00: Transfer back to the hotel