Small-Group Supertuscans Wine Tour - Florence
OverviewA discovery experience through vineyards, olive groves, noble castles and villas. A feast for the senses as you learn to distinguish wine scents and flavors. Let us introduce you to the quintessence of Tuscan wines: the world-renowned Supertuscans.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourDiscover vineyards, olive groves, castles, and historic villas during this all-day, 7-hour wine tour, departing from Florence at 9:30am. During this small group tour led by an English-speaking sommelier, you will travel to three different wineries in the rolling hills of Tuscany. Each winery visit will include a tasting and the opportunity to learn about different methods of wine production.
You will learn the differences between the wines of Chianti, including what distinguishes "Chianti Classico" and which wines pair best with your favorite foods. This tour is focused on discovering the world of Supertuscans, considered the ultimate expression of a producer's winemaking skills. You will taste wines at each of the three wineries that are renowned for Supertuscan production and your sommelier guide will teach you how to distinguish between the acidity, aromas, and flavors of different grapes grown throughout Tuscany.
The setting of each vineyard is a highlight of this tour. You will visit medieval castles, Renaissance villas, and a family-run organic farm. During the final stop, you will enjoy a gourmet lunch served in the 1,000-year-old cellar of a noble villa. Tuscan cuisine prepared with local products will be served, with wine pairings. The tour includes transportation by minivan back to Florence, arriving around 4:30pm.
Inclusions for Small-Group Supertuscans Wine Tour
- Small-group, semi-private tour with personalized attention
- Transportation from and to Florence by comfortable minivan
- English-speaking sommelier guide
- Tour of three Tuscan wineries (including an organic farm)
- Learn about winemaking techniques from an expert
- Wine tastings at each winery, including Supertuscans
- Olive Oil and typical product tasting
- Gourmet Tuscan lunch in a historic villa
Exclusions for Small-Group Supertuscans Wine Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that Italy's law doesn't permit selling alcoholic beverage to teens under 18; clients under this age will be served non-alcoholic beverages.
Get in touch prior to the tour with requests regarding special needs or impaired mobility
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Perugia and Assisi Day Trip from Florence
- Vintage Fiat 500 Panoramic Tour of Florence from Pisa
- Welcome to Florence Guided Walking Tour
- Chianti's Best Landscapes and Wine Tour
- Perfume Masterclass in Florence: Make your Own Ambient Fragrance
- Private Florence San Marco Museum Tour with Skip-the-Line Entry