Small-Group Surf Lesson On The Outer BanksWrite a Review
OverviewThese 2-hour small-group surf lessons of 15 or less are a fun and exciting way to learn to surf and meet some awesome new people. The surf school isÂ NSSIA Certified so you know you are getting the best instruction from qualified instructors. Instructors will lead you through a series of warm up activities designed to get you ready to surf, as well as lead you through the motions you will need to use in order to paddle your surfboard, to catch waves and to pop up and ride. Once everyone in the group has practiced a few reps on land, it's out to the water for the real deal. You'll be shredding in no time!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourThis private surf lesson meets at a centrally located shop in Nags Head, with a morning or afternoon start time scheduled according to the low tide. Park in the shop's lot and leave the car keys behind the counter with a staff member so belongings remain safe. After meeting the surf instructor(s), they will help the sign-in process for the class and get suited up in a wetsuit (provided if necessary). After suiting up, the instructor will select the proper surfboards for everyone involved. Afterwards, head across the road to the beach in Nags Head.
From there, the instructor will provide an overview of the lesson. They will lead through the surf school's 'Practice Safe Surf' safety protocols, help with some stretching exercises, and give an on-beach demonstration of proper paddling and standing-up techniques. After the demonstration, try some paddling and popping up skills for your instructor, who will offer tips and pointers to help through the process. At this point, it's time to head into the water.
Upon hitting the water, your instructor will help students onto their boards to start paddling. Head out to the 'line up' where an instructor will help each person individually catch their own waves. The process includes helping the student identify good waves, when to start paddling for a wave, the proper way to line up the wave, and of course, when to pop up after catching the wave. If help is needed getting back out, the instructor will be there to help.
Overall, get about 90-minutes of surfing and a lifetime worth of great memories.
Inclusions for Small-Group Surf Lesson On The Outer Banks
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- All equipment
- Wetsuit, if necessary
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Surf Lesson On The Outer Banks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended to bring appropriate swimwear such as a bathing suit, towel, and sunscreen
There are never more than three students per surf instructor
Minimum age is 6 years
Time varies according to low tide. May start as early as 8am and as late as 2pm
At the time of booking you will be contacted with your start time for your particular date
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.