Small Group Tour By Bus To Luxor West Bank
OverviewThis is a 6 hour tour that includes; The Valley of the Kings (3 tombs), Valley of the Queens (2-3 tombs), the Temple of Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon. Experience the West Bank with a fully guided tour by your licensed Egyptologist who will accompany you during this escorted visit to the west bank of Luxor, your guide will explain the history of the different sites, techniques used to dig, carve & paint the tombs, the meanings of the drawings, and he will show you the locations of the tombs, temples.
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour by minibus
Know More about this tourA representative will pick you up from your hotel /cruise in Luxor and drive to the West bank. The first stop will be at The Colossi of Memnon, Two Giant Statues, once stood at the faade of the Funeral temple of Amenhotep III, one of the kings of the 18th dynasty (c.1370 BCE), the temple was shattered by a severe earthquake (circa 27 BCE), and nothing has remained but these two statues, witnessing the ongoing excavation work at the site.
You will proceed to The Valley of the Kings, dug at the foot of a limestone mountain called "El Qurn", a mountain which has a peak that looks like a Pyramid, perhaps this is the reason why this site was chosen as a royal necropolis. There, about 64 tombs are discovered so far, only 8 to 9 are open at a time, they used to keep the treasures and the mummies of the Pharaohs, their walls are decorated with chapters from the "Egyptian book of the dead", an ancient religious book, that shows the deceased the safe passage he can take to the underworld, so he can rise again with the Sun God Re and live forever.
You will then visit 3 included tombs, extra tombs need extra tickets which you can obtain from the ticket office at the entrance, not all the tombs are opened at once, they are opened in rotation, to save them for the next generations, so check the availability with your guide. Then you will move to The Funeral Temple of Hatshepsut, a unique building for a unique person, Pharaoh Hatshepsut (c.1508-1458 BCE), the first female to be given this title, an extraordinary person, who defied all circumstances, society, religion to get this title, and she proved that women can become great leaders & examples for their people, she ruled Egypt for 20 peaceful, prosperous years. The temple was designed by "Senmut" the high priest of Amun Re, who believed in the talents of Hatshepsut, writing together a shining chapter in the book of history.
The use of cameras is forbidden in some sites "check with your guide for availability"
Inclusions for Small Group Tour By Bus To Luxor West Bank
- Entrance fees to most of the tombs
- Bottled water
- Qualified Egyptologist guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Small Group Tour By Bus To Luxor West Bank
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Entrance to select tombs, please take money and check with your tour guide before departing the hotel / cruise
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
Wear comfortable walking shoes
Take a hat / scarf and sunglasses
Take bottled water
Please take money for additional entry into the tombs and check with your tour guide before departing the hotel / cruise
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Airport Pickup
- Hot Air Balloon Flight Over Luxor West Bank and Nile River
- Private Tour: Valley of the Kings, Queen Hatshepsut Temple, Luxor and Karnak Temples from Luxor Airport
- Private Tour to the Temple of Edfu from Luxor
- Luxor Private Full-Day Tour: Discover the East and West Bank of the Nile
- Full Day Tour to Best Monuments of Luxor's West Bank