Small-Group Tour: Glacier Walk In Vatnajokull National Park - SkaftafellWrite a Review
Explore the spectacular Svnafellsjkull glacier tongue on this family-friendly 2.5-hour glacier group tour, limited to 15 people. Your certified glacier guide will provide you with crampons and ice axes and ensure you are informed on their use before stepping onto the ice. During your tour, learn about the behavior and history of the glacier while your guide safely leads you through an icy wonderland with deep crevasses, narrow ridges, and ice sculptures. Due to its nearby location, expect to spend up to 2 full hours on the ice. This glacier walk is an easy excursion and requires no prior experience to enjoy.
- All necessary equipment included
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tour
Your tour will start at Icelandic Mountain Guides Sales Lodge in Skaftafell - Vatnajökull National Park, located next to the National Park Visitor Center). There you will check in, meet your guide and get geared up with proper equipment for your 2.5-hour glacier walk on Svínafellsjökull Glacier.
After a brief bus ride to the outskirts of the glacier, follow your guide on a short 5-10 minute walk to the glacier. Use the ride and hike to take in the magnificent mountain scenery - if there's a clear sky you can see the highest summit of Iceland, Hvannadalshnukur. Before you step onto the ice, your guide will give you a safety orientation and teach you how to use the glacier gear you were provided with.
The glacier walk will take you to a wonderland of brilliantly blue and white ice, surrounded by high mountains. You will explore deep crevasses, high ice arches, glacier mills and ice sculptures, all the while learning about the dynamic behavior of glaciers and their impact on nature.
After spending 1.5-2 hours on the ice, you will head back to the mini-bus and transport to the base where your tour will be concluded.
Inclusions for Small-Group Tour: Glacier Walk In Vatnajokull National Park
- Guided glacier hike on Svínafellsjökull Glacier
- All necessary glacier gear
- Certified glacier guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Tour: Glacier Walk In Vatnajokull National Park
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 8 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Please bring warm clothing, rain gear, gloves, and hiking boots
Boots and rain gear can be rented on location
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.