Small-Group Tour: Kowloon Temples And Markets DiscoveringWrite a Review
Explore Hong Kong on foot with a 4-hour guided walking tour of its best temples and markets. A detailed overview of Hong Kong, this tour will help you make the most of a limited amount of time in Hong Kong. VisitNan Lian Gardens,Chi Lin Nunnery, Wong Tai Sin Temple, the popularLadies Market, and more. Small-group tour is limited to a maximum of 8 people.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourMeet your tour guide at Diamond Hill MTR station at 2pm, or if your hotel is located in Tsimshatsui, Jordon, Yaumatei or Mongkok, you can be met by and accompanied by your guide to start your tour. Begin at Nan Lian Gardens. Here, you'll find over 3.5 hectares of landscaping and greenery. This is the only Tang Dynasty landscape garden layout that can be traced today. Each stone, tree, rock or water elements are landscaped after specific rules and regulations. It is built with a one-way circular path that will take you through the best views of the garden. Next, head to Chi Lin Nunnery, where Buddhist nuns meditate and seek enlightenment. It covers 33,000 square meters and consists of dozen of different halls, lotus ponds, and a five-floor Buddha pagoda. As a Buddhist temple, Chi Lin Nunnery also has the statues of Sakyamuni Buddha, Guanyin and other buddhas.
Then visit Wong Tai Sin Temple. A Taoist temple, Wong Tai Sin draws tens of thousands of worshipers to pray to their ancestors and the temple deities. Wong Tai Sin is popular among locals, but also well-known among Chinese around world. At the temple, you may kneel in front of the altar to make a wish and shake a bamboo cylinder to receive a fortune stick. These are exchanged for a piece of paper which can be interpreted by the soothsayers next to the temple. The fortunes given at this temple are often revered for their accuracy.
Make your next stop at Sneaker Street. Located on Fa Yuen Street between Argyle and Dundas, here you will find a large selection of sneakers from all the big brands. If you find something you like, don’t hesitate too long, as it might be sold out later due to the fast turnover at this location. Then head to Ladies Market, the most popular open-air market on the Kowloon side. It offers something for everyone: from t-shirts, watches, clocks, handbags, to DVDs and phone covers.
The tour will end at Mongkok, where your tour guide will see you off at the Mongkok MTR station at approximately 6pm.
Inclusions for Small-Group Tour: Kowloon Temples And Markets Discovering
- Bottled water (one per person).
- Professional guide (licensed by Hong Kong Travel Industry Council)
- Complimentary hotel meeting service if your hotel is located at Tsimshatsui, Jordon, Yaumatei or Mongkok area
Exclusions for Small-Group Tour: Kowloon Temples And Markets Discovering
- Cost of transportation to and from attractions or to and from your staying hotel
- Entrance fees (if any), or any food and drinks you choose to buy during your tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
- No appointed shopping stop is involved
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Maximum 2 children (age 0-11 years old) can travel at no charge for every 2 paying adults
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A maximum of 8 people per booking
Not wheelchair accessible
If your hotel is located in one of these four areas (Tsimshatsui, Jordon, Yaumatei or Mongkok) please provide your hotel information upon making tour booking; tour guide will meet you at your hotel and accompany you to take MTR to the tour starting point (MTR ticket is on your own expenses)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.