Small Group Tour: London National Gallery And The Old City Of LondonWrite a Review
OverviewHistory and art collide on this tour that combines Londonâs origins with one of its most popular museums. This 5 hour semi-private tour welcomes up to 8 guests as we explore the historic City, birthplace of London, as well as the hallowed halls of the National Gallery. Thereâs no better way to maximize your time in London and see its major sights. Plus, we plan a lunch and restroom break during the tour for your comfort, of course.
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourYour tour begins outside of the National Gallery, located on London's Trafalgar Square, at 10am.
The National Gallery houses paintings dating back to the 1300s all the way up through the 1900s, so there is no shortage of choice. Visit Jan van Eyck’s The Arnolfini Portrait or something more familiar like Van Gogh’s Sunflowers to understand the full scope of work on display. During your tour, you'll acquire the essential information and history needed to appreciate the more than 2300 paintings on display at one of the world’s most visited museums.
After a break for lunch, you'll go back to the very beginning of London’s two millennia history in the City, the site of a Roman settlement that became the epicenter of one of the world’s most bustling cities and financial centers. Wander through this tangle of hidden sights to stumble upon the 12th century Temple Church, home to the Knights Templar. Fast-forward through history to discover the medieval Tower of London, home to the beefeaters.
Learn about the great fire of 1666 that decimated the city at the Monument before marveling at the domed masterpiece, St. Paul’s Cathedral, rebuilt after the tragedy. You’ll score picturesque views along the Thames, the river spanned by the iconic 19th century Tower Bridge and more modern Millennium Bridge. Your guide brings London’s long history to life as you weave through the skyscrapers that hide some of its best kept stories.
Inclusions for Small Group Tour: London National Gallery And The Old City Of London
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small Group Tour: London National Gallery And The Old City Of London
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.