Small Group Tour: See The Real Mumbai
OverviewThey say when in Rome do as the Romans do, same applies to Mumbai. This is an off-beat 4-hour tour where you will see Mumbai from a wide angle, a variety of places to visit with the mode of travelling will be walking and public transport. You will see the historic sites with their relevant Gothic architecture, the cultural side of Mumbai where you will see people offering their prayers and morning rituals, as well as feeding the cows as a kind gesture toward them. You will also take a local train ride, however you need not worry about the crowds as you will be traveling on non-busy routes. Visit places such as the Gateway of India, Flower Market, Dhobighat and CST train station. It's like serving Mumbai on a plate.
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourWelcome to Mumbai. In the morning, your tour guide will meet you at the starting point at Colaba and begin with briefintroduction tothe tour. The tour starts with a walking tour ofhistoric sites such as the Gateway of India, the Royal Bombay Yacht Club, and the Hotel Taj Mahal Palace.
Next up is the historic Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, formerly the Victoria Terminus, a beautiful railway station built in 1888. After admiring the architectural,takea train ride to reach your next destination, the local flower market. Marvel at the colorfulflowers ofmany different varieties, fromroses, marigolds andlilies to zucchini flowers. While you're there, take the chance to sample some typicalIndian snacks.
Once you are done exploring the vibrant flower market and enjoying yoursnacks, continuetoDhobighat, the open air laundry. Everyone frombig brands to local laundry shops alike have their cloths laundered here and it's a fascinating insight into everyday life. You will see how they handle such high volumes without any concrete paperwork.
Continue bytrain to Churchgate Station to seethe dabbawallas at work, the Tiff-in delivery system which has a six sigma rating and has been a case study at Harvard University. Your guide will explain to you how itworks and how they manage to get such a high rating, which only a few global corporations have achieved.
After 4 hours of exploration, your tour ends at Churchgate Station.
Inclusions for Small Group Tour: See The Real Mumbai
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Local guide
- Transportation during the tour
Exclusions for Small Group Tour: See The Real Mumbai
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.