Small-Group Tour: The National Gallery And British Museum In London
OverviewMaximize your stay with a visit to Londons two most prominent museums, the National Gallery and the British Museum. On this intimate 5 hour semi-private tour, your informed guide will introduce you to the art and historical artifacts that draw millions of visitors to these two world-class collections. Tours are limited to just 8 guests, and the tour will pause for lunch between visits.
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin your half day experience by exploring the cultures and civilizations through the monumental collection at the British Museum spanning 6000 years of human history. It features items from all over the world like Samurai armor and rare Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. Your guide will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museums galleries, discussing primitive tribes and fallen empires through a carefully chosen selection of items. Youll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone the actual rock, not the language learning program. Walk away with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and hopefully youll be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
After a break for lunch, learn about the master painters whose names fill the halls of the National Gallery. Youve heard of Seurat and da Vinci, but what do you really know about them? Learn about the painters behind the paintings as we browse our favorite works by other masters like Botticelli, Monet, Rembrandt, and Vermeer. If none of those names mean anything to you, your guide will make sure that changes by the end of the tour. The National Gallery houses paintings dating back to the 1300s all the way up through the 1900s, so there is no shortage of choice. Visit Jan van Eycks The Arnolfini Portrait or something more familiar like Van Goghs Sunflowers to understand the full scope of work on display. During your tour, you'll be arm with the essential information and history needed to appreciate the more than 2300 paintings on display at one of the worlds most visited museums.
Inclusions for Small-Group Tour: The National Gallery And British Museum In London
- Semi-Private Museum Tour
- "Semi-Private" Means Group Size Is Never More Than 8 Guests Maximum
- Professional Tour Guide
- Available Daily 10Am
- Duration 5 - 5.5 Hours (Including A Lunch Break)
Exclusions for Small-Group Tour: The National Gallery And British Museum In London
- Tour price does NOT include hotel pickup or drop-off (we recommend UBER or Taxi)
- Tour price does NOT include gratuities (optional)
- Tour is NOT available for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per tour allowed
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Notes: British Museum and National Gallery and other attractions or museums in London may be subjected to occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management. When this occurs, we will provide guests with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1h from the tour starting time. In these cases we are unable to provide refunds or discounts. Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. No large bags or suitcases are allowed inside the museum, only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security. Due to increased security measures at many attractions some lines may form on tours with 'Skip the Line' or 'No Wait' access. Some specific rooms inside the museum are subjected to a very quiet or restricted right to speak inside, in this cases your guide will provide the information about this places before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Warner Bros Studio Tour London with transportation and Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- Thriller Live
- Wicked at the Apollo Victoria Theatre & Dinner at Jamie's Italian - Victoria
- The King and I
- Historic Royal Walking Pub Tour in London
- City of London Walking Tour
- London in a Day Walking Tour
- Essential London Walking Tour