OverviewMaximize your stay with a visit to Londonâs two most prominent museums, the National Gallery and the British Museum. On this intimate 5 hour semi-private tour, your informed guide will introduce you to the art and historical artifacts that draw millions of visitors to these two world-class collections. Tours are limited to just 8 guests, and the tour will pause for lunch between visits.
- Led by a local guide
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourBegin your half day experience by exploring the cultures and civilizations through the monumental collection at the British Museum spanning 6000 years of human history. It features items from all over the world like Samurai armor and rare Assyrian lion hunt reliefs. Your guide will take a serious but enjoyable approach towards the museumâs galleries, discussing primitive tribes and fallen empires through a carefully chosen selection of items. Youâll learn about the Mummy of Katebet, the Lewis Chessmen, and the Rosetta Stone â the actual rock, not the language learning program. Walk away with an understanding of what we humans have achieved during our short history and hopefully youâll be proud to call yourself a part of this incredible species.
After a break for lunch, learn about the master painters whose names fill the halls of the National Gallery. Youâve heard of Seurat and da Vinci, but what do you really know about them? Learn about the painters behind the paintings as we browse our favorite works by other masters like Botticelli, Monet, Rembrandt, and Vermeer. If none of those names mean anything to you, your guide will make sure that changes by the end of the tour. The National Gallery houses paintings dating back to the 1300s all the way up through the 1900s, so there is no shortage of choice. Visit Jan van Eyckâs âThe Arnolfini Portraitâ or something more familiar like Van Goghâs âSunflowersâ to understand the full scope of work on display. During your tour, you'll be arm with the essential information and history needed to appreciate the more than 2300 paintings on display at one of the worldâs most visited museums.
Inclusions for Small-Group Tour: The National Gallery And British Museum In London
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Tour: The National Gallery And British Museum In London
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. This tour will not run without a minimum of 2 guests to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
Museum entrance at no additional cost
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.