Discover the Loire Valley and visit its 2 most prestigious castles in one great day: impressive Chteau de Chambord and stunning Chenonceau. Learn about the intimate little secrets of the French Kings who once lived there. Enjoy off-the-crowd panoramic views thanks to your local guide, benefit from wealth of thrilling genuine details and funny anecdotes and make the most of this exciting day. One of the highlights will definitely be a restful lunch away from tourist groups in a beautiful privately-owned castle still inhabited by the family.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- Lunch included
Know More about this tour9am: Start at the Tourist Office in Tours, and get into our minivan, off to Château de Chambord! More than a castle, this work of art is a glorious historical place that will take you to the heart of the Loire Valley: your guide will make this trip back in time a fun and captivating experience. Start with a coffee break in Chambord Park, with the château right in front of your eyes. Unforgettable! Once inside, your guide will select for you the most emblematic rooms to visit, he will also share with you memorable anecdotes and point at hidden details of interest, and breathtaking views of the château. So get ready to travel back in time of French Renaissance!
Lunch will take place off the beaten path. You will enjoy tasty local food in a lovely private château of Loire Valley! Hosted by the French Countess who lives there permanently and will welcome you for lunch, indulge in the nice and cozy atmosphere and feel like the owner of the place!
Next step is Chenonceau ! On the way, get a good look at all the beautiful landscapes of Loire Valley, your guide will drive you through lovely typical villages and reveal you more hidden private châteaux. Once you arrive in Château de Chenonceau you will easily understand why it is the most visited private historical monument in France. Admire this unique château built on a bridge across the Cher River. With your guide, stroll through the gorgeously-manicured gardens "à la Française" named after the famous ladies who lived there : "Catherine de Médicis" and "Diane de Poitiers". Take your time to appreciate the refined architecture and feminine influence that prevails in each room of this renowned château, all decorated with beautiful antiques and the most divine fresh flower arrangements. After this exceptional visit, your tour-guide will offer you to share a delightful aperitif with local products in a secret little corner of the park, a spectacular day you will never forget.
7.30pm: Back to the Tourist Office in Tours.
Inclusions for Small-Group Tour To Chambord And Chenonceau Chateaux With Lunch At A Family Chateau From The Town Of Tours
- Entrance fees
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Small-Group Tour To Chambord And Chenonceau Chateaux With Lunch At A Family Chateau From The Town Of Tours
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.