Small-Group Tour: Windsor Castle Express Tour By Train - London
OverviewSpend 4 hours walking in the footsteps of royalty on this fully-escorted half-day trip from London. Explore Windsor castle and discover the magnificence of Her Majesty's home at your own pace, complete with ornate State Rooms, historic St. George's Chapel, and delicate Doll's House of Queen Mary all included in your comprehensive visit. Ensure personal service with a small-group tour of 15 people or fewer. Learn about the Windsor Castle with your audio guide and avoid ticket hassles with included round-trip train tickets.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- All entrance fees included
- Round-trip train fares
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Meet your guide at a central London station at 1:30pm and board the train to the quaint village of Windsor with pre-booked tickets. Relax as the scenic English countryside drifts by and you listen to your guide's entertaining introduction to Windsor and its proud royal history. On arrival at Windsor, you will explore this authentically English town with your enthusiastic guide. Meander through cobbled lanes bordered by black and white Tudor edifices and peek through traditional blown-glass windows as your guide offers fascinating insight into life alongside the British Royal Family. They are not the only beloved English figures to have an association with this picturesque town, however Shakespeare walked these very streets and used them as the setting for his play The Merry Wives of Windsor.
More tales of the luminaries of British life await as your guide show you Eton, home of the most famous school in England, Eton College. This charming town was the playground of some of the most recognizable figures in British history as young boarders at Eton Prime Ministers, writers George Orwell and Ian Fleming, and of course, Princes William and Harry. Your guide will educate you on what life is like for these schoolboys, as well as enlightening you about some of their more eccentric traditions still in use today.
Having seen the town where the young princes lived, its now time to visit the home of their grandmother Windsor Castle. This is the longest occupied palace in Europe, having housed all British monarchs since Henry I, and is favored by Queen Elizabeth II as her weekend retreat. A treasure trove of royal history, the splendor of this palace will reveal itself to you as you are expertly steered through its rooms by your audio guide. Explore the ornate State Apartments where visiting dignitaries are hosted among artworks by Rembrandt and Rubens. Delight in Queen Marys Doll's House, a perfect miniature of an aristocratic home lavishly furnished with the finest of tiny handmade artifacts. Admire the intricate Gothic architecture of St. Georges Chapel, final resting place of monarchs including King Henry VIII. At the turn of every palatial corridor, another royal jewel lays waiting to be unearthed by you. During your tour of Windsor Castle, you will be accompanied by an audio guide to ensure that you don't miss a detail.
Your tour will conclude after your visit to Windsor Castle around 5:45pm and you will be free to revisit places of interest or explore even further before returning to London at your leisure using your flexible train tickets.
Inclusions for Small-Group Tour: Windsor Castle Express Tour By Train
- Guided visit of the towns of Windsor and Eton
- Entrance tickets to Windsor Castle
- Audio-guided visit of Windsor Castle
- Round-trip train tickets
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
Exclusions for Small-Group Tour: Windsor Castle Express Tour By Train
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Extra measures may be implemented at some venues due to heightened global security. As a result, you may experience delays in getting through mandatory security checks when entering these venues. Extra measures may also restrict the size of bags that can be brought inside. To avoid disruptions or possible denied entry, it is strongly suggest that you avoid bringing large purses, bags, or backpacks on your tour.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure
This tour involves a fair amount of walking and stairs - comfortable shoes are recommended
Photography is not permitted within Windsor Castle but is allowed within the gardens
Not wheelchair accessible
Not accessible for baby strollers or carriages
Small-group tour of 15 people or fewer
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Tour: Chauffeur-Driven Sightseeing Tour of London
- Shakespeare's Globe Exhibition and Tour with Thames River Cruise
- Small-Group Day Trip to Salisbury, Stonehenge and Avebury from London
- BIG London Attraction Ticket Including Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE Aquarium, London Eye and Shrek's Adventure! London
- Private Minivan Arrival Transfer from Southampton Cruise Terminals to Heathrow Airport
- Small-Group Dessert Walking Tour in London