Small Group Trastevere And Jewish Ghetto Walking Tour - RomeWrite a Review
Explore the Jewish Ghetto and Trastevere on a wonderful walking tour in a small group of maximum 6 people. Together with your expert guide we will wave through cobblestoned streets and hidden quarters many in the know forget to visit. Join us on an explorative tour and discoverer Rome and its history beyond ancient ruins, Roman Empire and Catholicism.
- Explore Trastevere and Jewish Ghetto on a walking tour
- Small group of maximum 6 people
- Visit unique hidden sites in Rome
- Discover the Pagan and Jewish history of Rome
Know More about this tour
Our tour will show you many layers of Rome’s history and visit two fascinating neighborhoods. The Jewish neighborhood in Rome is called the Jewish Ghetto and both the Ghetto and Trastevere have another side to tell to the history of Rome. Your guide will walk you through picturesque piazzas and pedestrian areas while sharing fun facts and entertaining stories about the area. Enjoy a walk in moderate pace in a small group of maximum 6 people with a professional guide, completely stress free and comfortable group size. Get away from the usually heavy traffic and take a promenade through another old part of the Eternal City.
We start at Largo Argentina and view the archeological site located right in the center of the Piazza. Just around the corner we find the former location of the Theater of Pompey where Julius Caesar was murdered. We move towards the beautiful Campo di Fiori and witness locals purchasing their vegetables and flowers. Thereafter we move along to the beautiful street of Via Giulia and the bridge Ponte Sisto.
We cross the Tiber River by using one of the oldest bridges in Rome and arrive to the neighborhood of Trastevere on the other side. Get to see the life of the local Romans and walk through narrow streets with laundry hanging to dry between the houses and vines covering parts of the facades. Trastevere is today full of restaurants and a rich bar life but between the Roman Republic and the Middle Ages it used to be the neighborhood of a large Jewish community. This beautiful and charming part of Rome also houses one of the most famous golden apse mosaics from the 13th century in the church Santa Maria in Trastevere. We enter the church to admire its interior before we head towards the river again and cross over the only island located in the Tiber, Isola Tibertina.
Learn about the gripping history of the Jewish community in Rome and the impact they have had on ancient Rome and the contemporary life. We pass the Synagogue and admire it from the outside to then walk towards Theater of Marcello. Your guide will tell you about the oppressive and unfair conditions this neighborhood has experienced. We will also make a stop by the Theater of Marcello and the temple that Augustus had built just next to it.
A truly small group of maximum 6 people is the best way to experience Rome. The small group size guarantees a stress free and comfortable tour with a friendly atmosphere and rooms for questions and interactions with your guide.
Inclusions for Small Group Trastevere And Jewish Ghetto Walking Tour
- Professional and friendly guide
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.