From medieval hill towns to walled cities, from the vineyards of Chianti to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, see the very best of Tuscany in just one day on this small-group 12-hour guided tour. You'll visit Siena, San Gimignano, Lucca, Pisa, and Chianti, and enjoy a Tuscan lunch, a gelato tasting, a wine tasting, a winery tour, and an evening 'aperitivo'.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Lunch included
- All-inclusive tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tour
Your tour departs from central Florence at 8am: be sure to arrive at 7:45am in case of accidents. Climb aboard your comfortable minivan with your tour leader and small group of no more than 16 people and relax as you cruise in air-conditioned comfort to your first stop, Siena, about an hour from Tuscany.
Here your guide will lead you on a walking tour through Siena's medieval center. Wander the Piazza del Campo, home to the annual Palio horse races, and admire the city's striking cathedral: explore quiet backstreets as you learn about the different districts which compete in the Palio. Enjoy a surprise tasting of a local Tuscan specialty, before you hop back in the van.
It's about 45 minutes' drive to your next stop, the staggering hilltop town of San Gimignano, with its high walls, narrow streets, and medieval tower-houses. The skyline is unforgettable, as is the atmosphere, and you'll have free time to explore at leisure or shop for souvenirs, before enjoying a gelato tasting.
From here, it's a short drive to a historic winery, set in an ancient villa with medieval tower. Here, savor a classic Tuscan lunch, taste some of Tuscany's famous Chianti wines, and learn about wine production as you tour the vineyards and the cellars.
The views from the minivan window are particularly lovely as you cruise through the Tuscan hills to the historic city of Pisa. Here, you'll have time to admire the glorious landmarks which line its Piazza dei Miracoli (Miracle Square), including the Duomo, the Baptistery where Galileo was christened, and, of course, the famous Leaning Tower. Please note: tower tickets are not included as there are usually long lines to climb the tower. If the line is short, it may be possible to buy them in Pisa.
From here, it's under half an hour to Lucca, another beautiful walled town that's rich in history, art, and food. Led by your guide, you'll visit the major landmarks before enjoying a relaxed aperitivo – perhaps a Spritz? - in the Piazza dell' Anfiteatro (Amphitheater Square).
After this it's about an hour's drive back to Florence, where you'll arrive around 8pm, in time for a relaxing dinner.
Inclusions for Small-Group Tuscany Grand Tour: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti, Pisa, And Lucca
- Small-group tour
- Tour leader
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable, air-conditioned minivan
- Guided walking tour of Siena
- Surprise tasting
- Gelato tasting
- Tuscan lunch
- Winery guided tour and wine tasting
Exclusions for Small-Group Tuscany Grand Tour: Siena, San Gimignano, Chianti, Pisa, And Lucca
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.