OverviewDiscover Copenhagens once-infamous neighborhood of Vesterbro on this 3-hour beer and culture walking tour. Formerly a red-light district, Vesterbro is now one of Copenhagens hippest areas, with innovative restaurants, cool cafes and trendy beer bars. Explore the vibrant streets with your guide, see some of the original places that helped earn its shady reputation, visit Kdbyen meatpacking district and stop to sample delicious craft brews as your guide tells tales about Vesterbros seedy past. Numbers are limited to 12 for a more personalized experience.
- Instant Confirmation
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Small-group tour
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourYour Copenhagen tour starts at the citys central station before venturing into what used to be the roughest neighborhood in town. As the worlds most famous red light district of the '60s, Vesterbro quickly made a name for itself, which brought drugs, prostitution, tattoo shops, and dive bars along with it. Wandering the streets today, though, youll see first-hand how the neighborhood has changed.
Visit one of the few traditional bodegas still standing that has not been completely overrun by newcomers to the area. Here you will enjoy a beer and talk about what this establishment means to locals who have lived in the neighborhood all their life.
From there, make your way up one of the most famous streets in Denmark, where you will hear stories of the Vesterbro of the past. Travel through a quiet street where you will hear a drama-filled story of two siblings who had a nag for beer, which they turned into a hugely popular beer brand that resonates so well with the citys contemporary way of life.
You'll also pass one of the citys amazing parks and learn about its importance to the neighborhood. Then, enjoy an introduction to a local breakfast secret that you just must try.
Your tour will end at one of the newest additions to the Copenhagen bar scene: a Danish-Texan brewpub and restaurant that has taken Copenhagen by storm. Stay as long as you like, or, if you feel like exploring further, your guide will be happy to share dinner recommendations there are many excellent places just around the corner.
Inclusions for Small-Group Vesterbro Beer And Culture Walking Tour In Copenhagen
- Professional english speaking guide
- One full beer and beer samples
- one-on-one recomendations for further exploring the city
Exclusions for Small-Group Vesterbro Beer And Culture Walking Tour In Copenhagen
- Additional food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Souvenirs of a personal nature
- post-tour dinner
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Passengers under 18 are not permitted on this tour
Comfortable footwear for walking recommended
Bring an umbrella or rain jacket in case of rain
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.