Small-Group Walking Tour: Colosseum And Ancient Rome Experience
OverviewTake part in our original Experience of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Palatine Hill, where you’ll explore the heart of the Ancient City of Rome! On this 3 hour-long walking tour we’ll visit the major landmarks of the former capital of the Roman Empire, revealing to you its history and secrets. We’ll visit the Roman Senate, the Arch of Constantine, the House of the Vestal Virgins, the Via Nova, and the Via Sacra, among other remarkable places. This tour is limited to a maximum of 12 people. Your guide will welcome you at an easy-to-find meeting point, and will take you through an exciting itinerary culminating with a visit inside the magnificent and imposing Colosseum.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourForget about the Super Bowl, the World Series, and the World Cup. The Colosseum has hosted the most spectacular games ever. Its estimated that more than 500,000 people, and a million animals, lost their lives battling in the arena. Well also literally step back in time in our walk through the Roman Forum, retracing the steps of Caesar, Augustus and Nero.
As you walk down Ancient Romes chief street, the Via Sacra, youll focus on the altar where Julius Caesar was cremated; the House of the Vestal Virgins, a temple where priestesses vigilantly guarded the eternal flame of the Empire; the Senate, where key decisions that guided the course of western history were made; the Arch of Septimius Severus; as well as many other extraordinary monuments and ruins.
Youll visit the Palatine Hill, site of the citys very earliest settlements, which became the preferred residential area for most powerful and richest Roman families. Youll stop to marvel at the Arch of Constantine, celebrating Constantines victory over the pagan world, and marking the moment when Christianity became the official religion of the Empire.
Then you will walk to the Colosseum, the imposing amphitheater that was inaugurated in 80 A.D. Once inside, your guide will vividly recount the bloody events that took place in the Colosseum, bringing it all to life with tales of the gladiators, exotic animals, mock naval battles and executions.
Your day would include:
- The Roman Forum, the worlds largest archaeological site
- The House of the Vestal Virgins
- The Roman Senate
- The Arch of Septimius Severus
- The Palatine Hill
- The Arch of Constantine
- The Via Nova, built by Nero
- The Via Sacra and much more...
Inclusions for Small-Group Walking Tour: Colosseum And Ancient Rome Experience
- Entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly (for groups larger than 10 people)
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines to enter the site (we cannot skip security, though)
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Walking Tour: Colosseum And Ancient Rome Experience
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Night in Rome on a Vespa
- Rome Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant
- Best of Rome Walking Tour and Master of Pizza Class