Small Group Walking Tour: Local Life In Hong Kong's Back Streets
OverviewExperience another side of Asia's vibrant metropolis on a half-day urban excursion into the local heart of Hong kong. Try your hand at the strange local tradition of "villain-hitting", visit a historic fishing village and square up for a game of mahjong with a local family on the ultimate city tour with a twist.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tour
Get a taste of Hong Kong's true local flavour on a backstreets adventure beyond the tourist trail. Start your journey with a trip on a Hong Kong commuter classic, the Star Ferry. As one of the oldest forms of public transportation in the city, your view on board is the perfect front row seat to witness Hong Kong's iconic skyline unfolding as you chug across Victoria Harbour. After docking, hop off of the ferry and onto one of the city's famous double-decker trams - the only tram system run exclusively on these two-level carriages.
Whiz through the city by tram before meeting up with a Dai Siu Yan practitioner, or "villian hitting", a bizarre local custom that's sometimes described as Hong Kong's own voodoo black magic. With the help of your guide and Dai Siu Yan expert, partake in a bit of villian hitting for yourself - but be careful, it's believed to curse your enemies as well as welcome good fortune!
Afterwards, take a short stroll to Shau Kei Wan, a historic fishing village in the north-eastern corner of the island that retains a timeless aura, immune to the rapid modernisation in the rest of the city. Follow your guide through narrow alleyways to the frenetic wet market for a glimpse at how locals swap stories and stock up on their morning groceries. Then, walk to Main Street East, a once-infamous hangout for pirates that's now filled with chic bars and trendy restaurants. Stop by the Shing Wong Temple, dedicated to the guardian god of the city and built in 1877, before wrapping up your tour with a visit to a local family at nearby Ming Wah Dai, the oldest existing public housing estate in the city. Square up for a game of Hong Kong mahjong and a friendly chat.
Inclusions for Small Group Walking Tour: Local Life In Hong Kong's Back Streets
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Round-trip shared transfer
Exclusions for Small Group Walking Tour: Local Life In Hong Kong's Back Streets
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please wear comfortable shoes
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
Please provide your local contact number upon booking if available
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.