Experience the bohemian culture of Greenwich Village, one of New York CityâÂÂs most beautiful and famous neighborhoods, on this 2-hour, small-group walking tour. Visit the spots artists, writers, and radicals called home. Along the way, learn how 'the Village' became a birthplace of the '60s counterculture movement in New York City. Walk the winding streets and visit popular Washington Square Park, reliving more than 200 years of history.
- Family friendly
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourThis 2-hour tour begins on the corner of 6th Avenue and Waverly Place in Greenwich Village. Immediately learn about the rich history of 'the Village' and how it came to be the incredibly unique neighborhood it is today.
While walking towards Washington Square Park, stop at several landmarks including the Edgar Allan Poe house and the Washington Square Hotel. Explore the park, a former potter's field, and discover how this area became the destination for musicians, protesters, and bohemians alike. Visit the Brown Building, site of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory Fire in 1911, an event that shook America to its core and started the labor movement in the US.
Next, head up McDougal Street, which is packed with historical businesses of all kinds. See Cafe Wha?, where Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Bruce Springsteen, Woody Allen, Joan Rivers, Richard Pryor, and many others all began their careers. Walk past Cafe Reggio (home of the original cappuccino) and the Comedy Cellar, where Jerry Seinfeld, Jimmy Fallon, Dave Chappelle, Amy Schumer, and many others frequently perform. Visit Jones Street — site of the cover art for 'the Freewheelin' Bob Dylan' album — and learn where the best pizza in New York City is sold.
Stroll down Christopher Street to the Stonewall Inn and learn how a riot at this infamous bar started the Gay Rights Movement in America. See some unique homes while continuing into the West Village (including the 'Friends' TV show apartment) before ending the tour on what used to be the smallest piece of private property in Manhattan.
Inclusions for Small Group Walking Tour Of Greenwich Village
- Local guide
- Walking tour
Exclusions for Small Group Walking Tour Of Greenwich Village
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to and from attractions
- Audio Guide that translates tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
There is no need to confirm the reservation with the office
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, an alternative date or full refund will be offered
There is a decent amount of walking, please wear appropriate shoes
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
We reserve the right to deviate from the route of the tour in the event of marches, parades, and circumstances beyond our control.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.