Small-Group Walking Tour Of Old Town Edinburgh
OverviewUnderstand the rich past of the Old Town and visit Edinburgh's winding cobbled streets.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourAt 9am, meet your local historian guide in the center of the city. Together with your small group (maximum six people), get ready to discover the Royal Mile and historic center of Edinburgh as you trace the development of the famous Old Town to the modern day on this 3-hour walking tour.
Starting on the famed Royal Mile, explore the delightful wynds (narrow lanes), closes (alleys), and streets veering off from the busy street. Hear tales of royals, espionage, and intrigue with plenty of time to ask your guide further questions. Contemplate both the beautiful 17th-century mansions and traces of the slums that became the catalyst for construction of Edinburghs New Town. Follow your guide past the Canongate Kirk, the Canongate Tolbooth, a remaining section of the Flodden Wall; the house of the noted Scottish reformer John Knox, and finally the Palace of Holyroodhouse, the official Scottish residence of the Queen.
Bid farewell by the former city wall three hours later, and walk away better acquainted with the Old Town and with a clear understanding of the importance of the citys development to Scotlands history.
Inclusions for Small-Group Walking Tour Of Old Town Edinburgh
- Local historian
Exclusions for Small-Group Walking Tour Of Old Town Edinburgh
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Groups never exceed 6 participants
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- 3-Day Isle of Arran Tour from Edinburgh Including Robert Burns Country
- Edinburgh Historical Walking Tour Including Skip the Line Entry to Edinburgh Castle
- West Highland Lochs and Castles Small Group Day Trip from Edinburgh
- 3-Day Isle of Skye Small-Group Tour from Edinburgh
- Private Half-Day Tour in a Mini around the City of Edinburgh