Small-Group Wanchai Food Walking TourWrite a Review
Embark on a 3-hour walking foodie tour that includes 4 food samplings to learn about the history of Wanchai from an English-speaking guide. Take home precious memories of Hong Kongâs food culture and itâs development. Visit the iconic wet market to explore the grassroots of Hong Kong deeply after enjoying a brunch sampling at a local âHong Kong style cafÃ©â (Cha Chang Teng). Visit the Blue House, which was the original site for the first hospital in 1870âs and much more. This small-group tour is limited to 8 passengers.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourStart your journey at 10:30am with your friendly foodie guide who will meet you at Wan Chai MTR station.
Venture into “Hong Kong style café” (Cha Chang Teng) to sample delicious food for brunch. Savor iconic drinks like milk tea or mixed milk tea and coffee, Hong Kong style French toast, pineapple bun with fresh butter, breakfast sandwiches and other morning specialties. In between your tastings, stop by an iconic wet market, which are the traditional places that sell poultry, live fish, and fresh meat that require frequent “floor washing," which is where the name of “wet market” came from. Wet markets are usually wet, smelly and fishy but also known as the top places to get fresh food.
Next, stop at three family-run tasting food stalls, featuring Hong Kong’s classic food. Taste samples of roast pork belly, Barbecue pork, marvelous mini egg puffs and egg tarts from the local bakery. Visit the “Blue House,” which was the original sight for the first hospital in 1870’s but was acquired by the government in 1970’s. The outer walls were painted blue and was thus named the “Blue House.” During 1960’s – 1970’s, Kung Fu Master, Wong Fei Hung, had a student named Lam Sai Wing, who launched a Kung Fu Studio at Blue House with his nephew. The Building also houses the “Hong Kong House of Stories” which is open to visitors.
Towards the end of the tour, stop at Pak Tai Temple, known as a Taoist temple that was built in 1863. The temple consists of three halls with the main hall housing the three-meter tall copper image of Pak Tai with the images of Lung Mo (Dragon Mother) on both sides. The temple is now listed as a “grade 1 historical building" by the Antiques Advisory Committee for permanent preservation.
After your tour is finished, your foodie guide will see you off at the Wan Chan MTR station.
Inclusions for Small-Group Wanchai Food Walking Tour
- Food tasting (4 locations)
- English-speaking guide
- Small-group tour (8 maximum)
- Bottled water
- Drinks at Cha Chang Teng
Exclusions for Small-Group Wanchai Food Walking Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking by utilizing the Special Requirements field
For every 2 paying adults, children from 0 - 6 years are free (a maximum of 2)
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.