OverviewExplore the Chinon wine route and its vineyards, full of tradition and passion. Visit two superb estates, admire the wonderful vineyard landscapes and learn how to taste these elegant wines produced from the most well-known terroir of the Loire Valley area. Don't forget to visit the medieval city of Chinon and its perfectly-preserved fortress.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Small-group tour
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Treat a loved one on a special occasion
Know More about this tour2.00pm: Meet your guide at Tours Toursit Office, step into a minivan and then you're off to Vouvray. Discover this beautiful wine area full of passion-driven winegrowers. Meet a genuine French winemaker in a charming family-run estate. Visit the traditional vat room and the cellars where hundreds of wooden barrels are lined up. During this visit, you will improve your knowledge regarding wine-making and of course wine-tasting. The terroir of this wine area allows the production of elegant sparkling wines and white wines.
After this, your guide will drive you to a grand wine house situated just along the Loire River. Stroll inside it's impressive troglodyte galeries. Dug in the hills, these undergound tunnels are part of Loire Valley's historical heritage. All along the afternoon, your passionate guide will share with you all his knowledge to help you understand better the diversity of Loire wines and its specific terroir. You will learn the different steps of wine-tasting and train your nose to identify many wine aromas, to do so, you will aslo taste wines from the other wine Appellations of the region. Benefit from your guide's tips and tricks and taste like a pro. After this experience, the Loire wine-area will have no secrets left for you.
Before saying goodbye, share an aperitif made of local products like cheese, rillettes and fresh bread - the perfect match to Loire wines with a stunning view.
7.00pm: Return to Tours Tourist Office.
Inclusions for Small-Group Wine Tasting Tour To Chinon From The Town Of Tours
- Wine tasting
- Professional guide
- Small-group tour
- Walking tour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
Exclusions for Small-Group Wine Tasting Tour To Chinon From The Town Of Tours
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 18 years
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.