From USD 193.47
OverviewImmerse yourself in World War I history with a day trip from Paris north to France’s Picardy region. Visit Aisne and Marne, two major parts of the western front where some of the deadliest American battles occurred. See trenches and other traces of battle as you explore Belleau Wood, and pay your respects at the Aisne-Marne American Cemetery. Head to nearby Meaux to visit the Museum of the Great War, a moving testament to the scope and tragedy of WWI.
Numbers are limited to 18 on this small-group tour, ensuring comfortable mini-coach transport and personalized attention from your guide.
- Day trip (destination A to B)
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYoull meet your guide at a central meeting point in Paris in the morning and get taken on a 1.5-hour drive north to Aisne, a city in Frances Picardy region that, together with Marne, made up one of the major (and now most famous) parts of the western front during World War I. Many important battles took place in this region, including the First Battle of the Marne and the Second Battle of the Marne, which developed into a significant Allied victory.
Start with a visit to the 42-acre (17-hectare) Aisne-Marne American Cemetery to pay tribute to the American troops who fought in the Aisne and Marne area. Wander around the cemetery and visit the Memorial Chapel built on top of front-line battle trenches, here you can see the names of 1,060 missing American soldiers.
Continue up the hill to Belleau Wood (Bois Belleau), where one of the deadliest battles for the US Marines took place in 1918. This important battlefield is where American soldiers fought valiantly to stop German soldiers from reaching Paris. Take time to walk through the woods to see the traces of the battle, like the trenches, shell holes and ruined buildings that resulted from the heavy fighting.
Your next stop is the Cote 204 Monument at Chteau-Thierry, which represents the friendship between France and the US and commemorates the achievements of US forces in this region during WWI. This monument stands high above the beautiful Marne Valley and Champagne vineyards, offering beautiful views for you to enjoy.
Take a break for lunch on your own before continuing to Meaux to learn more about WWI history. Your guide will take you to the Museum of the Great War to show you fascinating remnants from the war. See 50,000 war-related objects from many of the countries involved in WWI, giving you a deeper understanding of the worldwide dimensions of the conflict.
After your time in the Museum of the Great War, board the mini-coach for a calm, reflective ride back to Paris, arriving at Place de l'Opera around 5:15pm.
Inclusions for Small-Group WWI Day Trip From Paris: Aisne-Marne Battlefields, Belleau Wood And Museum Of The Great War
- Small-group tour
- Transport by air-conditioned mini-coach
- Professional guide
- Entrance fees
Exclusions for Small-Group WWI Day Trip From Paris: Aisne-Marne Battlefields, Belleau Wood And Museum Of The Great War
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.