Small Group Zagreb Christmas Walking Tour
OverviewDiscover Zagreb at its most magical on this 2-hour walking tour of the city’s festive highlights. With an expert guide, visit Zagreb Cathedral and see its elaborate outdoor Nativity scene, complete with live actors and farm animals. Then, soak up the festive atmosphere at the Christmas market in Ban JelaÄiÄ Square before marvelling at the light displays and music in Flower Square. Finish your tour in Zrinjevac Park’s hidden winter wonderland, where you’ll peruse Croatia specialities and defrost with mulled wine and a bratwurst sausage.
- Led by a local guide
- Free snacks included
- Free drinks included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Kaptol Square and begin your tour with a visit to Zagreb Cathedral. Gaze up at its Gothic spires, and learn from your guide how it is Croatias tallest structure and largest place of worship. Then, head inside to see the exquisite 13th-century frescoes and beautiful marble altars.
Next, head back onto the square to see the live Nativity scene. Be enchanted by the little stable, complete with farm animals, and see locals huddled together, playing the roles of the baby Jesus, Mary, Joseph, the Three Kings, the shepherds and the people of Bethlehem.
Continue on to Ban Jelai Square, where Zagrebs most traditional Christmas market is held. Wander among the stalls decorated with twinkling lights, and peruse the handcrafted ornaments, candy and other traditional gifts.
Then, stroll through Flower Square, and listen to musicians playing beautiful classical and jazz melodies as you admire the snow-white lights and decorations.
Your final stop of the tour is Zrinjevac Park. Feel like youve wandered into a fairytale as you follow your guide down a pathway of magically lit trees to a beautifully illuminated grove. Soak up the festive sounds, smells and sights as you visit stalls selling specialities such as cabbage cloths, fried apples and baked trukle (pastry filled with eggs, cottage cheese and sour cream). Then, defrost with a warming mug of mulled wine and a bratwurst sausage.
When the time comes, bid your guide farewell inside Zrinjevac, leaving you free to explore further, should you wish.
Inclusions for Small Group Zagreb Christmas Walking Tour
- Snack (bratwurst)
- Drink (mulled wine)
Exclusions for Small Group Zagreb Christmas Walking Tour
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear comfortable shoes
Tour includes strenuous walking activities
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.