OverviewEmbrace Zagreb's charm and savor agreat variety of delicaciesduring your 3.5-hour small-group walking tour. Embark on your food quest from a central location and satisfy your taste buds while feastingonCroatian specialties. Your licensed local guide will help you discover the top sites the city offers such as the Dolac farmers market, the shortest funicular (cliff railway) in the world, medieval Upper Town, Gric Tunnel and the popular Zagreb 360 observation deck. Small group for a great experience.
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tour
Your tour begins in front of the Croatian National Theater building at 10am. Your licensed local guide will providean overview of the history and tell more about the current vibe of Zagreb.
You will start with the renowned salami Kulen andone of the most popular dishes of Zagreb, Strukli. Enjoythis dough filled with cottage cheese and sour cream in one of the best restaurants in the city. The brave ones can even spice things up by tastingthe local brandy, Rakija.
Advance to the largest farmers market of Croatia, Dolac, where you will feel the buzz. You will sampleinfamous sheep cheese from Pag island that triumphed as one of the best worldwide.
Head to your third stop where you will try an award-winningCroatianmarmalade and an Eco juice. A ride by the shortest funicular (cliff railway) in the world brings you to the medieval Upper Town. A stroll and an informative talk about the sights including Strossmayer Promenade, Lotrscak Tower and St. Mark's Church opens your appetite even more.
You are ready for the main dish of Sarma or Punjene paprike, depending on the season. To help it slide more easily you will have the assistance of a local beverage, Gemist, a combination of wine and sparkling water.
Wrap things up and use the Gric Tunnel which was built during WWII as a getaway plan. Your next stop is a pastry shop where you can satisfy your sweet tooth with Croatianchocolates.
Your tour concludes with a cup of coffee or tea atthe popular Zagreb 360 observation deck.
Inclusions for Small-Group Zagreb Food Walking Tour
- English-speaking licensed local guide
- Food tasting as per itinerary: 1) Kulen and Strukle, 2) Pag cheese - 6 different kinds, 3) Croatian marmalade 4) Sarma or Punjena paprika (depending on the season), 5) Zagreb chocolate
- Beverages: 1 Rakija, 1 eco juice, 1 Gemist, 1 coffee or tea
- Ticket for the funicular ride
- Entrance ticket for Zagreb 360° observation deck (valid for the entire day)
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Small-Group Zagreb Food Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum drinking age is 18 years
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
Not wheelchair accessible
There is approximately 2.5 miles (4 kilometers) of walking involved
Small group for a great experience (tour is limited to 15 people)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.