Small-Troup Angkor Day Tour - Siem Reap
OverviewVisit Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Bayon (smiling faces temple), Ta Prohm (jungle temple, and Phnom Bakheng on this shared day trip.
- Small group ensures personal service
- Instant Confirmation
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tour
Today, you will join a group tour and your guide start to pickup from a few different hotels, so the pickup time is variable between 7:40am to 8:20am, so guests are advised to wait in the hotel lobby and ready to go as soon as your guide arrives.
We will start this day with exploring the temples of Angkor National Park, the World Heritage site and it's the World Largest Religious Monument.Pay the entrance fee on your own account at the ticket office where we will stop for you to buy one and make your way with the guide to the first stop atAngkor Wat to visit thelargest and most impressive of all Angkortemples, considered among one of the 7th Wonders of the World.
Angkor Wat was built between 1113-1150 AD. and dedicated to Vishnu, the Hindu god of preservation. It's the best preserved of all the temples. Its layout and its scale are simply breathtaking, the wall surrounding the enclosure measures 1,000 by 800 meters and the moat, said to represent the oceans of the world is 200 meters wide. Angkor Wat is an architectural allegory of the mythical Mount Meru in the center of the world (Himalaya). This amazing temple homes the longest continuous bas relief in the world, which runs along the outer gallery walls.
We also explore the Angkor Thom complex. Its vast walls, some 6m wide, 8m high and 13km in length contain many monuments. Inside the walls the king, his relatives and officials, military officers and priests took residence, the rest of the people lived outside of the great enclosure, between the two artificial lakes. Our visit will begin with the South Gate, a beautiful introduction to Angkor Thom with well-restored statues of Asuras (demons) and gods lining the bridge. Inside the complex, we will first visit the Bayon with 200 endless smiling faces. This temple mountain situated in the center of Angkor Thom City where sets the Bayon apart from many other Angkor monuments and we will continue to the Elephant Terrace, which owes its name to its outstanding depiction of these animals and the Terrace of Leper King, which presents a magnificent sculpture, popularly known as the leper king and then we continue the tour to Ta Phrom was a monastery built by the king Jayavarman VII as a residence for his mother as well as a school.
Ta Phrom has been controversially left to the destructive power of the jungle by French archaeologists to demonstrate the awesome power of nature. It has been largely consumed by the jungle and as you will climb through the dilapidated stone structures you will see many giant trees growing out of the top of the temple itself. At every turn you will expect to see Indiana Jones (Lara Croft) step out from behind a fallen pillar around you.
This tour concludes with return transfer to your hotel or any requested drop off point within the city center.
Inclusions for Small-Troup Angkor Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by sharedair-conditioned mini bus/van
- English-speaking tour guide
- Bottled water
- Group tour
- Local taxes
Exclusions for Small-Troup Angkor Day Tour
- 1 day entrance ticket to Angkor National Park is 37$ per person (required) and our bus will stop for you to purchase one at the ticket booth on the way to the park.
- Food and drinks
- Travel insurances
- Others personal expenses
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Long pants or knee-length skirts/dresses are required for visiting the temples
Variable group size depends on number of bookings each day
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
Normally our guide will stop at a local restaurant in the national park for lunch during lunch time and it can be more expensive than restaurants in town, but it is only best choice on this tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Siem Reap Countryside Cycling Tour
- Cambodian Cooking Class in the Siem Reap Countryside
- Siem Reap Pottery Making and Ceramic Art Painting Experience
- Cambodian Pottery Class in Siem Reap
- Khmer Cooking Class in Siem Reap
- Phare: The Cambodian Circus Show in Siem Reap
- Sunset Cruise on Tonle Sap
- 4-Day Tour from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh