Snorkel With Rays And Turtles At Silk Cayes From PlacenciaWrite a Review
Visit beautiful white sand beaches on a caye (tropical island) occupied by about a dozen coconut trees surrounded by turquoise seas filled with coral and amazing tropical critters! Licenced snorkel guides are delighted to show you the ins and outs of snorkelling and how to find the good stuff. Snorkel before and after a delicious Belizean lunch on the caye. After a full day at the caye, on the way home, snorkel in an area just inside the barrier reef with likely close encounters with the rays, sharks and turtles.
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Ideal choice for families
Know More about this tour
Silk Cayes is our most popular snorkel destination and offers great diving on the nearby barrier reef which make Silk Cayes perfect for a fun filled adventure day trip which can be enjoyed by the whole family. Silk Cayes are part of a marine reserve established to protect the outer reef and cays and have an abundance of aquatic life, fish stocks, coral reef biodiversity and healthy corals.
A typical day snorkelling includes a briefing by the park rangers before your licenced snorkel guide leads you into the water to take you on a tour of the abundant and varied coral and to meet the local residents. If you have not snorkeled before, no problem. The guides are happy to show you the ins and outs of snorkelling and show you where to find the coral and the fascinating creatures who live there. Critters include lobsters, cleaner shrimp, arrow crabs, snapper, barracuda and more varieties of reef fish than you can count.
Around mid-day enjoy an authentic Belize style picnic lunch. After lunch, head back into the water to explore the coral and meet more of the denizens who make Silk Cayes their home.
But the best is still to come! After the second snorkel expedition, you'll head to a spot just inside the barrier reef where local fishermen clean their catch and where you are almost certain to have the opportunity to snorkel with huge turtles, rays, and sharks. Here is your chance for a great nose to nose photo with a very large turtle.
Inclusions for Snorkel With Rays And Turtles At Silk Cayes From Placencia
- Pickup and drop off along the main road in Placencia Village
- Park Fees
- Licenced snorkel guide
- Lunch and snacks
- Snorkel gear
- Use of snorkel vests or life jackets (available on request)
Exclusions for Snorkel With Rays And Turtles At Silk Cayes From Placencia
- Pickup and drop off outside of Placencia Village (can arrange for US$ 10.00 per person
- Alcoholic beverages
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.