Snorkeling Day Trip At Similan Islands By Speed Boat From Krabi
OverviewThis speed boat tour will take you to 4 of the best 9 islands of the Similan Islands. Enjoy a convenient transfer directly from your hotel in Krabi to the starting point in Khao Lak where you will board the speed boat and head to the Similan Archipelago. Wild, unspoiled beaches, magnificent coral growth, prolific marine life, crystalline blue water and sensational underwater rock formations can be seen here.
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Buffet lunch included
- Snorkel gear included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
Know More about this tourTravel by van to Thuplamu pier in Khao Lak where you will be meet the speed boat to take you to the Similan Islands. Famous for the beautiful corals, white sand beaches and clear tropical waters, Similan snorkeling is definitely something do while in Thailand.
The Islands are situated 95 km north-west of Krabi and 65 km west of Khao Lak. It consists of nine densely wooded islands fringed with rocky outcrops and gorgeous beaches of fine talcum-powder-like sand forms the Similan Islands National Park. The islands are home to a huge variety of marine life of which many are rare and endangered species.
The islands are only open during late March and early April (Thailands hottest period).
Rising sea temperatures cause plankton blooms, which attracts a wealth of the larger animals into the area, resulting in chance encounters with, amongst others, schooling chevron barracuda, giant trevally, rainbow runners and reef sharks. Theres also a selection of rays including eagle, marbled and enormous but graceful and harmless mantas.
Touring by speed boat allows you to reach the Similans in the Andaman Sea north of Phuket in 90 minutes, providing lots of time to explore the underwater scenery in one of the world's premier dive sites. You will visit the Island No 4 (Miang Island), Island No 5-6, Island No 8 (Similan Island), and Island No 9 (Bangu Island).
Clear waters, healthy coral and plentiful fish, the Similan Islands are perfect for the beginner and experienced snorkeler.
- 6am - 6:30am: Hotel pickup in Krabi
- 6:30am - 8:30am: Depart by minivan from Krabi to Khao Lak
- 8:30am - 9am: Have coffee & light breakfast at Thap Lamu Pier
- 9am - 10:30am: Depart by speed boat to Similan Islands
- 10:30am - 11:30am: Sightseeing & swimming at Miang Island (Koh 4)
- 11:30am - 12pm: Lunch at the beach
- 12pm - 1pm: Snorkel & swim at Payu Island (Koh 7)
- 1pm - 2pm: More snorkeling at Ba-ngu Island (Koh 9)
- 2pm - 3pm: Relax at the beach of Similan Island (Koh 8), climb to the viewpoint at Sailing Rock
- 3pm - 4:15pm: Depart from Similan Island to Thap Lamu Pier
- 4:15pm - 6:15pm: Drive from Thap Lamu Pier back to Krabi
- 6:15pm - 6:45pm: Transfer to hotel in Krabi
Inclusions for Snorkeling Day Trip At Similan Islands By Speed Boat From Krabi
- Hotel round trip transfer from Krabi to Thuplamu Pier
- Drinking water and fruit
- Lunch package
- Snorkeling equipment
- Professional English-speaking guide
- National park entrance fee
Exclusions for Snorkeling Day Trip At Similan Islands By Speed Boat From Krabi
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring a towel, swimwear, sunscreen, sun hat, sunglasses, flip flops or a camera.
The speed boat carries passengers close to the beach so you can hop-off easily because there are no piers on the islands.
Tour program can change due to tidal or weather conditions.
Not recommended for pregnant women and participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-day Krabi Hot Stream and Rainforest Tour
- White Water Rafting Adventure on Songprak River from Krabi
- Hong Island Tour by Longtail Boat with Snorkeling and Optional Kayaking
- Krabi Jungle Tour Including Tiger Cave Temple, Crystal Pool and Krabi Hot Spring
- James Bond Island Day Tour and Canoeing from Krabi
- Half-Day Kinnaree Rueng Ra Spa Treatment in Krabi