Snorkeling In Thingvellir National Park From Reykjavik
OverviewSnorkel between two continents during this incredible experience in Thingvellir National Park. After pickup from your Reykjavik hotel, travel to the UNESCO-listed national park. Then, wrestle into your provided dry suit and head out to Lake Thingvallavatn. Dive into the crystalline waters of the Silfra fissure, a rift in the earths crust between the American and European tectonic plates. Youll spend an unforgettable 40 minutes snorkeling and taking in the sights below surface level. Numbers limited to eight people per guide to ensure a small-group experience.
- Instant Confirmation
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourSelect a departure time from Reykjavik that best suits your schedule and travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned minivan to Thingvellir National Park. Receive a fascinating introducing to the UNESCO World Heritage site from your certified guide, and hear all about the mystifying Silfra fissure, a natural rift in the earths crust caused by the force of nature.
Upon arrival to the park, don your dry suit and snorkel and prepare to plunge into the crystalline depths of Silfra fissure. Listen to a comprehensive safety briefing and then descend to discover a mesmerizing underwater tabelau. Gae at a ravine that stretches some 82 feet (25 meters) below the waters surface and then follow your guide to some of the fissures most scenic spots. Glide effortlessly between the American and European continents and see jagged rocks and gaping voids that lead to the molten core of planet Earth.
After approximately 40 minutes of exploration, return to sea level to dry off and relax during your journey back to Reykjavik, where your tour concludes.
Inclusions for Snorkeling In Thingvellir National Park From Reykjavik
- Small group guarantee
- Reykjavik pick up with return
- Certified Padi Diverguide / Divemaster
- Snorkeling experience in Silfra fissure
- Use of specialized snorkeling gear and dry-suit
- Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO world-heritage site.
Exclusions for Snorkeling In Thingvellir National Park From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 12 years old
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
It is recommended to bring a change of clothing, packed lunch and warm undergarments
All snorkelers must fill out a medical form before participating in the tour
You need to know how to swim to be able to participate in this tour
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes and Glaciers
- Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Blue Lagoon Spa with Round-trip Transport
- Small-Group Volcano Tour from Reykjavik: Descent Into Thrihnukagigur Volcano and Hike
- Golden Circle Express Tour from Reykjavik
- Wonders of Snfellsnes Peninsula - Private Tour from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Snfellsnes Peninsula from Reykjavik - The Wonders of Snaefellsnes