Snorkeling Silfra Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
OverviewEnjoy this day trip from Reykjavik to Thingvellir National Park and experience snorkelling between two continental plates - the North American and Eurasian in the clear waters of Silfra.
- Small group ensures personal service
- All entrance fees included
- All necessary equipment included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourOnce you are picked up from your hotel, your driver/guide takes you to Thingvellir National Park (about 1 hour away). Learn about the history of UNESCO-protected Thingvellir.
Then head off to Silfra fissure, where you will be given a thermal undergarment (Teddy-bear suit) and dry suit with snorkeling equipment (all snorkeling equipment is well-maintained and top of the line). Your guide will show you how to use the equipment to ensure a pleasant snorkeling trip. You will then gently float down the four main parts of Silfra - the Big Crack, Silfra hall, the Cathedral and finally the Silfra lagoon.
Explore Thingvellir National Park, and then head to the famous hot-spring Geysir and its area created by earth-quakes. See the nearby geyser Strokkur, which erupts much more frequently than Geysir. After exploring the geyser area, take a lunch break. Heading to the nearby Gullfoss (Golden Falls) waterfall, you are given the opportunity to stand next to one off the most beautiful waterfalls in Europe.
To conclude, you are dropped-off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Snorkeling Silfra Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Entrance fees
- National Park fees
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Snorkeling Silfra Golden Circle Tour From Reykjavik
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 4 people per booking is required
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A moderate amount of walking is involved
All passenger heights MUST be advised at time of booking
Minimum age is 14 years
You Might Also Like
- Olgerdin Brewery Tour from Reykjavik
- 1-Hour 'Buggy Safari' Buggy Adventure from Reykjavik
- The Golden Circle and Fontana Wellness Tour from Reykjavik
- Small-Group Snorkeling Experience at Silfra Fissure in Thingvellir National Park
- South Iceland Tour from Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes and Glaciers
- Reykjavik Shore Excursion: Blue Lagoon Spa with Round-trip Transport