Snow Hiking In The Andes From Santiago
OverviewExplore the Andes in a different way! Enjoy an amazing snow hike with snowshoes in the back country area near La Parva Ski Resort. Enjoy incredible views of the mountains and Santiago from 8000 feet, while you walk on an easy slope. Also you will be able to see Farellones and La Parva Ski Villages. It will be an unforgettable experience!
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small group ensures personal service
- Snacks and Beverages included
- Day trip (destination A to B)
Know More about this tourYour day will start at 8:30am when we'll pick you up from your centrally located hotel in Santiago or we'll arrange a meeting point if your hotel is farther out.
You will see great views of the mountain and some glaciers in the sky line while we drive by a winding road. Then we'll pass through the beautiful Farellones Ski Village towards La Parva Ski Village.
At 9:30am we'll arrive at the starting point in La Parva Ski Village at 2600 meters.
At 10:00am there will be a safety talk, equipment delivery and start of the hiking.
By 12:00pm and after walking through snowy hill with great views of the Andes, we will get to the old "German Refugee ruins". There we will have a snack break while we enjoy the views of Iver Glacier (17.800 ft.) and Paloma Glacier.
Start turning back at 12:30pm to our path with great views of the ski resorts and mountains. At 2:30pm we'll be back in our transport and we will be arriving in Santiago at approximately 4pm.
Inclusions for Snow Hiking In The Andes From Santiago
- Private transportation between all the points
- Guides: 1 guide for every 4 clients
- Rental of snow-shoes and hiking poles (renting of alpine touring skis available)
- Lunch Box (isotonic juice, granola or energy bars, sandwich, fruits, cookies, chocolate)
- Park fee
- First aid kit
- VHF Radio and Satellite Phone rental
Exclusions for Snow Hiking In The Andes From Santiago
- Personal Clothing (Please check "Gear")
- Small backpack (Rent available)
- Personal Insurance
- Extra charge of 30 USD/person will be added if pick up is at airport
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
This activity could include hiking in irregular terrain, sudden changes of weather, walk under strong sun
Minimum 2 people per booking required
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Due to the nature of this tour and the safety of all guests, the tour operator reserves the right to refuse service to passengers who are intoxicated or show signs of intoxication. If, as a result, your tour is canceled, you will not be entitled to a refund.
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Extra charge of 30 USD/person will be added if pick up is at airport
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full Moon Stand Up Paddle Board Tour from Santiago
- Private Day Tour to Concon, Vina del Mar and Valparaiso Including Small-Group Surfing Lesson
- Santiago Airport Shared Arrival Transfer
- Portillo and Inca Lagoon Day Trip from Santiago
- Colchagua Wine Route Tour from Santiago
- City Tour and Shopping Tour of Santiago