Snow Shoeing In Flumserberge - ZurichWrite a Review
The Spitzmeilen resembles a small volcano. Up close, though, it turns out to be an imposing, rocky peak, evenly shaped and from this vantage point a unique panorama opens up around you. On this magnificent tour, you will be going up the mountain to the ski resort of Flumserberge where you will get to indulge in various fun activities.
- Flumserberg is a winter paradise in intact natural surroundings high over the Walensee.
- Seen from a distance, the Spitzmeilen resembles a small volcano. Up close, though, it turns out to be an imposing, rocky peak, evenly shaped and from this vantage point a unique panorama opens up around you.
- We will take the cable car to the summit of the Maschgenkamm at 2, 020 m above sea level. On the way, you can already see the peak of the Spitzmeilen in the distance, dominating the horizon.
- You will be rewarded with a magnificent panorama encompassing the majestic Churfirsten, Glarner and Bündner Alps.
- At midday, we will be reaching Alp Fursch where we will enjoy a local lunch in a cosy mountain hut and, if available, you have the possibility to buy local mountain cheese. The snow shoe tour continues in a deeply-snowed spruce forest and finally descending comfortably back to the valley by cable car.
Know More about this tour
Meeting place: Zurich at the train station or to your convenience
This daily snow shoe tour will be approx. 4-5 hours with altitude differences from 200 to 300m. We will have plenty of time to do photos, view the beautiful deeply snowed peaks and the astonishing panorama. Since there are various possibilities of snow shoe tours in this region, I can adapt the length and level of this tour to your convenience.
Bus and train back to Zurich train main station.
You will need:
- good warm and comfortable winter boots (but no moon boots)and clothes (no jeans)
- snow shoes and hiking sticks (I will supply you with both of them for CHF 25)
Guide will take you on a 4-5 hour tour of Flumserberg region. This tour will take place from Mid December until end of March(depending on snow).
Inclusions for Snow Shoeing In Flumserberge
- Guided Tour
Exclusions for Snow Shoeing In Flumserberge
- If you need, I will supply you with snow shoes and poles which will cost you CHF 25 for this material.
- You are responsible for purchasing any items of a personal nature related to shopping, souvenirs and snacks.
- We will enjoy our lunch in a cosy mountain hut where we will savour excellent freshly prepared local dishes. At this unique place you will have the possibility to buy locally made mountain cheese, if available.
- Please expect to pay for public transport from Zurich main train station, including two cable cars up and down the summit of Maschgenkamm and back to Zurich main train station by train.
- If you cancel between 0 days To 30 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 100%
- If you cancel between 30 days To 59 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 20%
- If you cancel between 59 days To 180 days before scheduled tour departure, the cancellation charge will be 0%
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.