Snowmobile Safari To A Husky Farm From Luosto Including Husky Sled Ride
OverviewSuccumb to the call of the wild on this 3-hour snowmobile and husky sled experience from Luosto. Carve through the snowy countryside on a snowmobile on route to a husky farm. Then, swap your snowmobile for a more traditional, but equally exhilarating vehicle: a husky-drawn sled. Climb aboard and let these eager dogs pull you across the frozen landscapes at high speed. Catch your breath with a hot drink by the campfire and discover more about these wonderful dogs from their mushers (drivers) before returning by snowmobile again.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- All necessary equipment included
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourWrap up warmly and make your own way to the prearranged meeting point in central Luosto. On arrival, greet your expert guide and listen to a safety briefing on riding your 2-person snowmobile. Then, pull on a supplied thermal suit and helmet and get set to go.
Follow your guide and cruise into the wintery countryside. Pick up speed and whizz along snowy trails through a pine forest, admiring the sparkling white landscapes on route. Feel free to take turns to drive or ride pillion on your exhilarating journey.
After a short time, arrive at a traditional husky harm and hear the eager barks of the waiting huskies. These endearing dogs live for pulling sleds, and make their enthusiasm loud and clear! Meet the expert mushers and get up close to the dogs as you hear how they and their sleds have been used for transport in Lapland for centuries.
Get a safety briefing and instructions, and hop on your sled. Then, hold tight as the dogs pull away and feel your adrenaline rush as you accelerate through the snow. Feel the brisk Arctic air rush past your face as the dogs bound over the frozen terrain past pine woods, fells and open plains, without ever seeming to tire.
After a roughly 2.5-mile (4-kilometer) trek, return to the farm for a hot drink by the campfire. Chat to the friendly mushers and learn more the nature of these wonderful dogs, and how theyre trained and looked after.
When your visit is over, climb back on your snowmobile for your return ride. Your tour ends at the original starting point in Luosto.
Inclusions for Snowmobile Safari To A Husky Farm From Luosto Including Husky Sled Ride
- Expert guide
- Safety briefing
- Snowmobile ride
- Use of thermal suit and helmet
- Husky-drawn sled ride
- Hot drink
Exclusions for Snowmobile Safari To A Husky Farm From Luosto Including Husky Sled Ride
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks (unless specified)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The driver of the snowmobile must be at least 18 years of age and in possession of a valid drivers license in Europe. Drivers licenses issued by countries that have not signed the Road Traffic Convention of Geneva or Vienna, are not valid in Europe. Please keep your driving license with you at all times as inspection may occur.
All participants without a valid driver's license will have to join the excursion in the sledge
Pricing is based on 2 people riding on one snowmobile
Not recommended for participants with heart complaints, disabilities, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy, back or hip problems or any other serious medical conditions
Not recommended for pregnant women
Children will ride on a snowmobile-pulled sled behind the guide
Participants aged 14 or 140cm tall or above, may participate as a passenger on a snowmobile, only if they have booked at the full adult price, otherwise they must ride on a sled behind the guide
Young children must be supervised by an accompanying adult at all times
Not suitable for children aged 3 and under
Operates in cold weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable snow conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Itinerary is subject to change according to weather conditions and seasonality
All animals used for these services are trained as much as possible for the activity, however, the behavior of animals can be unpredictable and therefore it is essential that all participants follow all given instructions for their safety, and the safety of others
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Private Departure Transfer: Negombo City to Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA
- Private Arrival Transfer: Colombo Bandaranayake International Airport CMB BIA to Negombo City
- Privat Airport Transfer Sri lanka From Bandaranayake International Airport
- Red Dot Design Museum Admission Ticket
- Sombai Infused Cambodian Liqueur: Workshop Visit and Liqueur Tasting
- Selvatura Park: Hummingbird Garden and Insect Museum Tour