Do I need any outdoor experience?
- Is this trip for me? This trip is designed for beginners. You dont need any specific skills. Snowshoeing is easy and does not require any prior knowledge. If you can walk, you can snowshoe.
This trip is graded as Easy.
A total of 6 - 8 hours, including transport by minibus or 8-seater car from/to downtown Bod.
Season & Availability
Winter. Naturally, snowshoeing requires snow! Bod is located on the Northern Norwegian coast, which means the snow cover near the town centre varies during the wintertime. However, it is far more stable in inland areas just a short drive from town. Dont worry we will find the snow!
Terrain, distance and elevation
- Terrain: Low mountain forests typical to Northern Norway (pine and birch). Near to lakes and mountains. Normally no paths, slightly rugged terrain and some hills.
- Total length: Approx. 20 km by minibus or car each way to reach the starting point. The snowshoe trip itself is 2-3 km.
- Elevation: The starting point is typically 20 - 150 metres above sea level, while the maximum elevation on the snowshoe trip will be no more than 100 m.a.s.l.
You should bring
- Your own hiking gear suitable for winter
- Good footwear (warm hiking boots or winter boots)
- A small daypack for your snack, camera and some extra clothing
We will provide
- Snowshoes, hiking poles and gaiters
- A knowledgeable, English-speaking guide with a sense of humour and passion for winter hiking
- Quality headlamps for evening hikes, which make the trips enjoyable even during the winter darkness
- Return transfers from downtown Bod to the starting point and back again after the trip are included in the tour price.
- Typical group size for our trips range from 2 to 15. We prefer to keep the group size as small as possible for these trips, which improves the experience for the participants and guide alike.
- Larger groups may request booking this trip. In such cases, we divide the group into smaller groups, each of which will be accompanied by their own guide. NB: We dont mix private group trips with solo travellers.
- What is the minimum number of participants? To run this tour, a minimum of two people must book. If this minimum is not met, we reserve the right to cancel the tour. You will then have the option of being rebooked on an alternative date or receiving a full refund.