Sofia Guided Walking City Tour
OverviewFind out some of Sofia's most iconic places and monuments, meet the ancient history of a 10000 year old town! Sofia is located in the western part of the country, on The Sofia Plain and on the lower slopes of Mount Vitosha. The citys average altitude is 550 meters above sea level, the climate is moderate and continental, characterized by cold winters and relatively cool summers. The average temperature in January is 1 degree below zero Centigrade, and the average July temperature is 20 degrees Centigrade.
- Choice of several departures throughout the day
- Excellent value for money
Know More about this tour
The capital of Bulgaria Sofia is an ancient city which territory has been continuously inhabited for milleniums. Initially the Thracians put the foundations of the town and later it became a Roman province.
Today Sofia is an important educational and cultural center and falls among the top tourist destinations on the Balkan Penisula due to its outstanding sights and surrounding natural beauties. Sofia preserves many valuable monuments to its long and storied past. Visitors exploring the citys streets can see remnants of The Eastern Gate from the days when Sofia was the Roman adminisrative center of the region between the 1st-6th centuriy CE.
The most popular sights are Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the second biggest on the Balkans, Saint George Rotunda- the oldest church in the town, dating back to the 4th century and Saint Sofia Basilica- the medeival symbol of Serdica, built in the 6th century.
Other interesting places that will be seen are the Parliament, National Theater "Ivan Vazov"- one of the most beautiful buildings in the town, the former Royal Palace, the administration of the President, the mineral springs.
Inclusions for Sofia Guided Walking City Tour
- Private/ Small-group tour (10 people max)
- Walking sightseeing tour in the heart of the city
- Professional live guide
- Free entrance to Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, Saint Sofia Basilica and Saint George Rotunda
Exclusions for Sofia Guided Walking City Tour
- + 5 euro per person if a guide in Spanish or Italian language is selected- should be paid directly to the guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
Please make sure to notify operator of preferred start time during booking, as well as contact information.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rila Monastery and Boyana Church Day Trip from Sofia
- Private Departure Transfer from Sofia Center or Plovdiv to Sofia Airport
- Plovdiv and Bachkovo Monastery Private Day Trip from Sofia
- Plovdiv and Perushtitsa Day Trip with Wine Tasting from Sofia
- Private Round-Trip Transfer from Sofia Airport or Hotel to Rila Monastery
- Rila Monastery and Wine Tasting Tour