Sofia - Private Day Tour From Plovdiv
OverviewDiscover the capital and largest city of Bulgaria - Sofia. Popular tourist landmarks are the gold-domed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, the early Byzantine Church of St. Sophia, Ivan Vazov National Theatre, the Russian church, the late Roman Church of St. George, etc.
Know More about this tour
Sofia is the capital and largest city of Bulgaria with a population of 1.3 million people. It is located in Western Bulgaria at 550 m above sea level and about 150 km northwest of Plovdiv. Sofia is the administrative, cultural, and economic centre of the country. The capital is also located at the northern foot of the Vitosha Mountain, in the Sofia Valley that is surrounded by mountains on all sides. Three mountain passes lead to the city, which have been key roads since antiquity, connecting the Adriatic Sea and Central Europe with the Black and the Aegean Sea.
Sofia is a city with a 7000-year history boasting of some artefacts from the Neolithic period. The first known tribes to settle in Sofia and the valley were the Thracians who established a settlement there in the 7-th century BC. Sofia's development as a significant settlement owes much to its central position in the Balkans. The city is also known for its numerous mineral and thermal springs.
On this walking sightseeing tour visit some of the Sofia's popular tourist landmarks like: the gold-domed Alexander Nevsky Cathedral, The Ivan Vazov National Theatre, The Russian church St. Nikolai, the late Roman Church of Saint George (4-th century), The Sofia Synagogue - the largest in the Balkans, the Bulgarian Parliament, The Monument to the Tsar Liberator commemorating Alexander II of Russia, the early Byzantine Church of Saint Sophia (6-th century), etc.
Trip duration: 8-8.5 hours
Inclusions for Sofia - Private Day Tour From Plovdiv
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
Exclusions for Sofia - Private Day Tour From Plovdiv
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 3 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.