Somoto Canyon Day Trip From ManaguaWrite a Review
From USD 164.99
OverviewSomoto Canyon was relatively unknown until a group of scientists from Nicaragua and the Czech Republic stumbled upon it in 2004. Since then, its been a favored excursion for travelers who seek jaw-dropping beauty, swimming and trekking. This full-day guided tour takes you from Managua to Somoto to swim, hike, and enjoy the natural scenery of the canyon. Learn the history of the area and have an authentic Nicaraguan lunch in a small town. Sample the famed local doughnuts, rosquillas. Includes hotel pickup and drop-off.
Know More about this tour
After pickup at your Managua hotel in the morning by air-conditioned van or minivan, drive 3 hours north to Somoto Canyon at 13 million years old, its one of the oldest rock formations in Central America. Your guide will regale you with the history of the area on the way.
The canyon was known only to locals until 2004, when a group of Nicaraguan and Czech scientists stumbled upon it. A year after its discovery, Somoto Canyon became a national protected reserve. Today it is filled with fun activities. Swim in the clear river that flows through the canyon, or sit in an inner tube and float down the river. Jump off the side of the tall cliff into the refreshing water. Cruise around in a boat and take in the scenery. At an additional expense, you can also try rappelling down a cliff face or go horseback riding.
After a few hours in the canyon, drive to the small, picturesque town of Somoto and feast on an authentic Nicaraguan meal. Save room for dessert: the rosquillas, also known as Nicaraguan doughnuts, are a must-try. Then drive back to Managua and get dropped off at your hotel.
Inclusions for Somoto Canyon Day Trip From Managua
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- Boat ride
- Picnic lunch
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus or van
Exclusions for Somoto Canyon Day Trip From Managua
- Gratuities (optional)
- Optional activities (rappel, horseback riding)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
It is recommended that you wear comfortable walking shoes
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.