Sonargaon Day Tour From Dhaka
OverviewThis day tour will take you to experience the authentic culture and heritage of the Bengali nation. From the deep history of Mugal Empire to British transformation. The tour will show you the past and future of Bangladesh and experience the capitalist transformation based on the its history.
- Family friendly
- Lunch included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourMorning Start:
8:00 am 9:45 am: We will pick you up from your hotel or place of residence in Dhaka start moving towards Sonargaon (approx. 1 to 1.5 hours).
9:45 am 10:15 am: First we will visit Goaldi Mosque built in 1519 A.D. in a village named Goaldi in Sonargaon by Mulla Hizabar Akbar Khan during the reign of Sutan Hussain Shah.
10:30 am 11:30 am: We will go to Shadar Bari that used to be a King's palace but now is converted to Folk Art and Craft Museum and also cover the newly constructed building of folk art as well. We will travel around the campus briefly and you will experience the authentic culture and inheritance of the Bengali nation.
11:45 am 1:00 pm: We will visit the Panam City built in 1900. Some wealthy Hindu colon business men used to live here but they left during India Pakistan partition. The rich architecture and the single road divided colonial system buildings are the highlights of the tour.
1:00 pm 2:00 pm: We will have lunch at a local restaurant with local food that is usually a little spicy. Otherwise, please notify us after booking.
2:00 pm 3:00 pm: We will impose a unique primary school made of bamboo and is renowned for its unparalleled invention. During this period, you can meet local children and people and have a glance of their country spirit.
3:00 pm 4:00 pm: We will have a boat ride to Meghna River, one of the three major rivers that makes Bangladesh a wetland.
Afternoon Return Journey:
4:00 pm 6:30 pm: Drive back to hotel in Dhaka by a different path. You will savor the sunset as well as the country life.
Inclusions for Sonargaon Day Tour From Dhaka
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in Dhaka
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Transportation by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking guide
- Transportation cost and boat ride as per itinerary
- Lunch at a local restaurant with traditional food
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Sonargaon Day Tour From Dhaka
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.