South Bronx Renaissance Tour - New York City
OverviewThe Bronx, the home of the New York Yankees (aka the Bronx Bombers) and the birthplace of hip-hop, is one of five New York City boroughs and the third-densest county in the United States. This 3-hour walking tour explores the borough and its interesting history, introducing you to its wealthy roots, its ethnic diversity, its Art Deco buildings, its historic Depression-era WPA murals and its modern street art. This tour emphasizes how the borough has changed over the decades and become a hip place to visit for tourists and locals.
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide in Manhattan and jump on the subway (fare not included in tour price) for the ride up to the Bronx. On the way, get some interesting historical info on the borough. Stroll around the south Bronx as the guide points out relics of the boroughs past as a wealthy enclave. Learn how the area went into decline and how it attracted a large, ethnically diverse population that makes it a hip place to hang out for locals and tourists.
On the 5-mile-long (8-km) Grand Concourse, the Bronxs main thoroughfare, stroll past the Bronx Museum of Art, the Bronx County Building and the Bronx Walk of Fame, where famous residents of the borough are immortalized with plaques. The guide, while talking about the boroughs past, present and future, will point out several great examples of Art Deco architecture and discuss the role community organizations played in revitalizing the Bronx.
On the subject of art, stop and appreciate the colorful murals on the wall of the Bronxs main post office, painted by Ben Shanhn during the Depression, made possible with funds from the Works Projects Administration. The tour ends at Yankee Stadium where you have the option to stay in the Bronx to explore on your own or jump back on the subway to return to Manhattan.
Inclusions for South Bronx Renaissance Tour
- 3 hour walking tour
- Local guide
Exclusions for South Bronx Renaissance Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Subway fare to the Bronx not included
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Comfortable walking shoes recommended
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- The Rise and Fall of the American Mafia Walking Tour
- Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Gourmet Brunch with Direct View on 6th Ave
- Hudson Valley Brewery Tour & Walkway over the Hudson
- 1920s Sunset Cocktail Cruise
- 1920s-Style 1-Hour Harbor Sightseeing Cruise
- Sightseeing Cruise on Boutique Yacht
- Harlem Easter Weekend Gospel Celebration
- Union Square Area Eats Guided Food Tour- New York Food On Foot Tours