South Coast And Glacier Lagoon Day Trip By Super Jeep From Reykjavik
OverviewThis immersive day trip to the outstanding south of Iceland covers it's diverse landscapes of farmlands, waterfalls such as Seljalandsfoss and UrriÃ°afoss, Reynisfjara black sand beaches, FjaÃ°rÃ¡rgljÃºfur canyon, Skaftafell which is an unexpected oasis of greenery and of course the spectacular JÃ¶kulsÃ¡rlÃ³n Glacier Lagoon. See all of south Iceland's gems on this full day trip. Travel by specially modified super jeep with hotel pickup from Reykjavik included.
- Get off the beaten track in a 4x4
- Small group ensures personal service
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourHop on this super Jeep tour to discover the south of Iceland and the glacier lagoon. Youll be picked up from your Reykjavik hotel in the morning, to make our way to the first destination, Urriafoss.
The tour begins with some of Iceland's most beautiful waterfalls, first is Urriafoss which is the largest and most spectacular waterfall on the river jrs. Next we will visit Seljalandsfoss, another picturesque waterfall and one of the most popular subjects for photographers. As water flows overhead, it is possible to take a path that allow you to go behind the waterfall. Youll also see Gljfurrfoss, which is carefully hidden behind a narrow opening in the mountain. Listen to the deep roaring, echoing sound of the falling water and explore this magical place. Lastly, Skgafoss is one of the most popular waterfalls in Iceland. Getting so close to the base of such a large waterfall is quite a rare experience.
Next, we'll head to the black sand beaches. Dyrhlaey is a curious rocky arch that juts out into the ocean from the coast and is a sanctuary for birds, where you can observe many species especially the puffins. At Reynisfjara, the black sand beach overlooking the ocean, you can observe the Reynisdrangar - lava columns sculpted by the waters, standing tall against the waves.
Boarding the super jeep again, we'll drive on to take in the sights and sounds of Vk, the most southerly village in the country. Its church, a white building with a red roof located on a hill, proudly dominates the modest houses of this quaint village. Then, you'll see Fjarrgljfur, a magnificent narrow canyon that is approx. 100 meters deep and about 2km long. You can see the power of the nature in the massive rocky walls with their impressive shapes and enjoy an endless view into the valley.
You'll also discover Skaftafell, a place full of stark contrasts and some of the most precious natural pearls of the country. You'll enjoy a nice short walk on the glacier edge and will be amazed by the various glacial tongues flanked by jagged mountains, flora and fauna. Svnafellsjkull, is a popular branch of Vatnajkull, which is one of the largest glaciers in Iceland. You can experience the natural contrasts of the region, with vast stretches of black sand and craters which suddenly give a way to huge, bright walls of white ice gleaming with blue highlights.
Finally, you'll discover Jkulsrln (glacier lagoon), one of Iceland's most famous attractions and one of the most beautiful places in the world. The water in the lagoon comes from the melting of the largest glacier in Europe. The icebergs drift slowly into the deep water and the ice gleams with beautiful colours ranging from the brightest white to the darkest blue. It is difficult to look away from this spectacular landscape. This calming moment is only disrupted by the sound of ice blocks colliding to remind us of the ephemeral nature of this exceptional place.
Inclusions for South Coast And Glacier Lagoon Day Trip By Super Jeep From Reykjavik
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip transportation
- Professional guidance
- All admissions to sites
- WiFi connection
- Hot drinks on board
Exclusions for South Coast And Glacier Lagoon Day Trip By Super Jeep From Reykjavik
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Small-Group Volcano Tour from Reykjavik: Descent Into Thrihnukagigur Volcano and Hike
- Golden Circle Express Tour from Reykjavik
- Wonders of Snfellsnes Peninsula - Private Tour from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Snfellsnes Peninsula from Reykjavik - The Wonders of Snaefellsnes
- Small-Group Hot Springs and Lava Cave Day Trip from Reykjavik
- 3-Hour 'Quad Mad' ATV Quad Adventure from Reykjavik