South Coast Spectacular Private Tour From ReykjavikWrite a Review
The vast expanse of Icelands southern coastal plain in this option-packed tour.
- Excellent value for money
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourGet picked up from your Reykjavík-area accommodations in the morning and get ready to discover the southern coast of Iceland of this 10 hour private tour.
Let your driver-guide know if you have any special requests, then settle in to the comfortable vehicle and keep your camera at the ready as you drive east of the capital and into the countryside. The first stop is Urriðafoss, the most voluminous waterfall in the country. Opt for a visit at LAVA - Iceland Volcano and Earthquake Center, an interactive display of nature's epic forces that shape our planet and created Iceland, before moving on to the country's perhaps most-photographed waterfall, Seljalandsfoss. Seljalandsfoss is one of the best known waterfalls in Iceland. It is 65 meters high according to the National Land Survey of Iceland and it is breathtakingly beautiful. Set against the backdrop of Eyjafjallajökull glacier, Seljalandsfoss is especially popular for the reason that visitors can actually walk behind it .A path leads you behind the waterfall, but do bring a raincoat as you will get soaking wet! In winter time the path is closed when it gets too slippery and dangerous to walk behind the waterfall.
Next, is a tour optional stop at the Eyjafjallajökull visitor center to learn about the volcano's infamous 2010 eruption, which caused travel chaos throughout Europe, before continuing to Skógarfoss waterfall. Skógafoss is 60 m high and 25 meters wide and you can walk right up to it. A staircase with over 500 steps leads up to the top of the hill above Skógafoss and from there you can look down at this powerful waterfall.
Our next stop, the small peninsula Dyrhólaey. Once we are on top in the higher area of Dyrhólaey you will have a breathtaking view to all directions. To the north you see Mýrdalsjökull glacier, to the east you will see the beautiful black lava seastacks Reynisdrangar and to the west you can view the endless black coastline and then in front of the peninsula there is a huge black arch of lava reaching out into the sea which the peninsula take its name from. Dyrhólaey literally means "the hill island with the door hole".
The final stop is the black sand beach of Reynisfjara. This is widely know as the most impressive black-sand beach in Iceland, displaying an amazing cliff of regular basalt columns. The sea stacks themselves are home to thousands of nesting seabirds. Species that can be found here include Puffins, Fulmars and Guillemots, making it a must-see location for all birdwatchers out there.
After a full day of exploring, head back to Reykjavík. Depending on the time, there may be the chance to make another stop or two before being dropped off back at your accommodations.
Inclusions for South Coast Spectacular Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off in the capital area
- Bottled water
- WiFi in vehicle
- Transport by private vehicle
Exclusions for South Coast Spectacular Private Tour From Reykjavik
- Entrance fees, unless specified
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Dress according to weather
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Northern Lights Night Tour From Reykjavik
- Golden Circle Classic Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Iceland South Coast And Jokulsarlon Lagoon Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Gulfoss And Geysir Express Half-Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Grand Golden Circle Day Trip From Reykjavik
- Lava Caving At Leidarendi With Transport From Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Viewing Cruise From Reykjavik
- City Sightseeing Reykjavik
- 1 Hour 'Mountain Safari' ATV Quad Adventure From Reykjavik
- Paragliding Tandem Experience From Reykjavík