South Devon Coast And Country Luxury Private Guided Tour From DevonWrite a Review
From USD 376.63
OverviewA luxury private guided tour to visit the historic towns of Totnes and Dartmouth, tour the Royal Naval college or take a trip on the River Dart. See & hear about a WW2 exercise that became a tragedy, the village lost to the sea and Burgh Island only reached by beach or sea tractor.
- Flexibility to customize your itinerary to your own preferences
- Hotel pickup included
- Private tour is operated with just your party and a guide/driver
Know More about this tourThis is a private tour for up to 6 people. You will be picked up from your hotel anywhere in Devon for your journey to South Devon. The exact itinerary will be agreed with you prior to departure. An example itinerary is that you will first visit Totnes, stroll through the streets admiring the Tudor buildings, the historic guildhall and the Castle, and learn about the history of this enchanting town. You will then take the 30 minute drive to Dartmouth where you can take a private tour of the Britannia Naval College or a boat trip up the stunning River Dart to see Agatha Christies House at Greenway (seasonal).
You will have a lunch break at Dartmouth for fine dining or travel to Slapton for good pub food. After lunch you head to travel through pretty coastal villages to Torcross to hear the story of the secret wartime operation on Slapton sands which ended in disaster, before visiting Hallsands to see the remains and hear the story of the village which fell into the sea, and great views of the Start Point lighthouse (alternatively a guided tour of the lighthouse can be arranged).
Finally you move on to Bigbury on Sea and walk or take the sea tractor over to Burgh Island. See the extraordinary Art Deco hotel, whose guests included Noel Coward, Winston Churchill and Agatha Christie who wrote ‘And then there were none’ here (not open to non-residents) and explore the Island which has great sea views. Depart Bigbury for return journey to your hotel.
Inclusions for South Devon Coast And Country Luxury Private Guided Tour From Devon
- Bottled water
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entrance fees (For Naval base tour OR boat trip only)
Exclusions for South Devon Coast And Country Luxury Private Guided Tour From Devon
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
A maximum of 7 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Gun Range Shooting Experience In Newton Abbot
- Full-Day Guided Private Port Isaac, Padstow And Tintagel Tour From Devon
- Hot Air Balloon Champagne Flight From South Devon
- Plymouth And Dartmoor One Day Private Highlights Tour From Devon
- One-day Private Guided Tour Of Poldark TV-Series Locations From Devon
- Spectacular West Cornwall Highlights Luxury Private Tour From Devon
- Hot Air Balloon Champagne Flight From Tiverton
- Historic Plymouth Luxury One Day Private Guided Tour From Devon
- Magical Dartmoor: One Day Luxury Private Guided Tour From Devon