OverviewDiscover dramatic black-sand beaches, thundering waterfalls and ancient volcanoes and glaciers that typify south Iceland on a full-day tour from Reykjavik! After leaving the city, take a walk around Seljalandsfoss Waterfall, and then follow an expert local guide along Reynisfjara beach. Continue past the 700-year-old Slheimajkull glacier and ogle the magnificent waterfalls at Skgafoss. The scenic route takes in some of Icelands most rugged and beautiful terrain, passing through the foothills of Eyjafjallajkull and Hekla volcanoes.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
Know More about this tourAfter a morning pick up from Reykjavik, relax in a air-conditioned mini-bus on your journey towards Iceland‘s spectacular south coast. En route, admire the barren but beautiful scenary as your guide shed lights on the geological forces that have sculpted Iceland‘s extraordinary volcanic landscapes.
Remeber to bring some food and drinks with you for lunch, if you wish you can also use one of the stops on the way to buy some snacks at own expense. Your guide will make sure you give you a break to enjoy your lunch around midway through your south shore tour.
Drive through fertile farmlands and typical Icelandic villages and liste to tales of the country‘s rich Viking history and heritage. Stop at the spectacular Seljalandsfoss waterfall, make sur to snap photos of its rushing waters as they plunge from a former sea cliff. If you wish, you can also take a walk along the path behind the fall to enjoy close up views of the curtain of water.
Catch glimpses of the Eyjafjallajökull and Hekla volcanos (depending on weather), and stop for a short glacier exploration at Solheimajokull glacier. Marvel at this rugged tongue of ice, a raw finger of ancient frozen water characteried by jagged ridges, sinkholes and other ice formations. Lookfor the Westnan Iskabds rusubg steeply off the coast, and travel to the popular black sand beach of Reynisfjara, where black pebbles sit beneath cliffs of pillar-like basalt stacks. Legend has it that the stacks were formed when two mischievous trolls were turned to stone.
Make a stop to see another of Icelnd‘s picture-postcard waterfalls, Skogafoss. Admire the 196 foot (60 meter) cascade before heading back to Reykjavik where your tour ends.
Inclusions for South Iceland Tour From Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes And Glaciers
- Small group guarantee
- Reykjavik pick up with return
- Guided tour to the highlights of the South Coast of Iceland in a mini-bus
- Glacier walk on Solheimajokull Glacier
- A visit to Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach & Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss Waterfalls
- Certified glacier guide
- Specialized glacier gear
Exclusions for South Iceland Tour From Reykjavik: Waterfalls, Volcanoes And Glaciers
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Minimum age is 10 years old
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
It is recommended to bring warm outdoor clothing, waterproof jacket and pants, packed lunch, gloves, hat and good hiking shoes
Please note that the order of the itinerary can be altered if weather conditions change
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.