South Melbourne Market And Suburb Foodie Walking Tour
OverviewSouth Melbourne Market and suburb discovery walking tour will provide you with an unforgettable half-day walking and food tour that steps you into the real heart of a local suburb of South Melbourne - a buzzing, colorful market village with soul. It’s Melbourne’s coffee central and the place to visit for all things food, heritage and culture. Relaxed, small groups of no more than 8 people. Every carefully curated tour includes a market tour like no other, local culture and history discovery, a showcase of Melbourne designers and artists, sit down lunch, coffee, soft drinks and a glass of Victorian wine along with the sense of really living like a Melbourne local. Your local guide is your “someone in the know” for discovering the markets, food, culture, shopping, history and people of South Melbourne Market and the local suburb. Step into the real Melbourne story.
- All-inclusive tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Small group ensures personal service
- Lunch included
- Vegetarian meal option available
Know More about this tour
Embark on a 4.5-hour culinary and cultural walking tour of the South Melbourne Market with your local guide and a small group of fellow participants.
Your tour begins at a designated meeting point along the river, where your guide provides insight into the history of the city and its development over the years.
Then board a tram to South Melbourne where youll get to try some of Melbournes best coffee.Stroll through the citys oldest market, sampling various dishes and learning the stories the have helped craft its unique character as you go. Browse the boutique works of local designers and artists while getting an in-depth sense of your surrounds.
Then enjoy a sit-down lunch at a specially selected location, as well as a glass of Victorian wine that you can savor while people-watching.
Once the tour concludes, youre free to explore the areas cafes, bars and shops on your own, or simply head back to your hotel.
Inclusions for South Melbourne Market And Suburb Foodie Walking Tour
- Bottled water
- Food tasting and complimentary glass of wine
- Experience of a local guide
Exclusions for South Melbourne Market And Suburb Foodie Walking Tour
- Alcoholic drinks over and above the included glass of wine (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Must be 18 or older to drink
A multilingual guide may lead the tour
Please advise about any specific dietary requirements (e.g. vegetarian) when booking the tour
Operates rain or shine; please dress appropriately
Minimum numbers apply. Cancellation after confirmation is possible if there are not enough guests to meet requirements. If this occurs we will offer you an alternative tour date or full refund
Maximum of 8 people per booking
Involves a moderate amount of walking
Not recommended for participants with heart issues or other serious medical conditions
Tour is wheelchair accessible, though please notice us of any wheelchair participants prior to the tour date. Be prepared for uneven surfaces
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guided Running Tours of Melbourne
- Mornington Peninsula including Strawberry Farm Day Tour from Melbourne
- Wilsons Promontory Day Trip from Melbourne
- Private Transfer Melbourne CBD to Melbourne International and Domestic Airport
- Spirit of Melbourne Dinner Cruise
- Small-Group Phillip Island Penguin Parade Day Trip from Melbourne Including Moonlit Sanctuary